mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

WGP Reg Questions

I have a stock WGP reg that I'm going to be selling w/a Tippmann on eBay and I have a couple questions. It's the kind that looks like a shorter version of a PPS Stabilizer.

I understand that pressure is adjusted by unscrewing the elbow and turning the screw inside. Which way do you turn it to increase pressure and vice versa?

Also, are these regs co2-friendly? Seeing as how it's on a Tippy, a buyer might expect to be able to use co2 on it and if doing so is unadvisable with this reg, I want to post a disclaimer on the auction.

I know they're not the best regs in the world, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
chuff chuff

You don't have to remove the elbow, just the lower cap part. Turning the screw out increases pressure. They are pretty rugged and will work on CO2, but from my experiance are not all that consistant no matter what gas you use.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

And a much-delayed "Thank you" to you, sir!

I think the lower cap might be seized or red Loctited on. There are scratches on it like the previous owner used vice grips or something to try to unscrew it.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
You don't have to remove the elbow, just the lower cap part. Turning the screw out increases pressure. They are pretty rugged and will work on CO2, but from my experiance are not all that consistant no matter what gas you use.
I disagree. With good paint in my autococker using the factory reg, I can easily chrono at +/- 3 feet per second. You just gotta make sure all the seals are intact and it's well lubricated, like any moving parts on any paintball gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

My WGP regulators have always worked extremely well for me. I may not be pushing their performance limits on my pumps, but they seem to be rugged and well-designed.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Stock WGP were introduced before HPA became popular, they do a great job with CO2 tanks. The adjustment takes a bit of work, but once it's set you will never have to touch it again.

They have a higher flow rate than most regulators out, it was highly recomanded for running LP setup with a AKALMP Tornado valve, untill they came out with the 2 litre.
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

I use an older (2k maybe ?) WGP reg on my Sniper II and it seems to do a good job. Again, like Russc I'm not really going to ever get shootdown with it, since as it's on a Sniper.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

mostly fine IMHO

not to continue to contradict hobbes but I have seent pretty good performance as well for the most part.

on a good day with decent/good paint my sniper II shoots +-2fps.
that is after I rebuilt the reg.

I had been getting strange performance from it before the rebuild. I could chrony in at +-2fps but then I would let it sit untill the first game and fire a few shots and then have my velocity drop to 140 fps or less. The reg seat was missing a decent chunk out of the side and would occasionally just not seal. The pressure would build up and pretty well seal my valve closed.

for setting the output pressure on these I recommend getting a spare ASA/bottomline and putting a guage on it (0-1500). then you can sit and tune your pressure with out even having it mounted. You will need to know the pressure that your valve/spring combo will like the best or just turn it to 450 as a general setting for a cocker/sniper.
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts