mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
Love for Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
i never understood why people said they wouldent ship to canada.
Shipping to Canada is often a very tedious and time consuming job as Canadian customs take forever to pass through a package. sometimes it's faster to ship to china than it is to ship to Canada

Over 1500 fans on Facebook:

https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage
AJpaintball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Hey stilgar, put this in your main post if you think it will help, excellent writeup by the way! I payed 71$ to the stupid UPS for broker fees on a box with a declared value of 100$ and the seller paid 38 for shipping... so yes, shipping cost more than the product.

Anyway, if the sender puts some old paint in a little bag with whatever is being shipped, then they know it is paintball equipment. This has helped me a few times. And if the sender just marks the package as "paintball equipment Quatntity: 1" then they can not try and peg you for lying, because: "hey, it says paintball equipment and there are paintballs in there, it must be paintball crap!"

But I've only had 1 package that was detained by customs, a Rap4 LE .43. I found out later on the RCMP website that those are pretty much illegal because they are cosmetically too close to real steel. I understand it more now, but my 275$ investment is sitting in a dump near Vancouver somewhere.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2754097

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew

Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 2x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Tippmann pre 2011 A 5, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 9x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffington View Post
Hey stilgar, put this in your main post if you think it will help, excellent writeup by the way! I payed 71$ to the stupid UPS for broker fees on a box with a declared value of 100$ and the seller paid 38 for shipping... so yes, shipping cost more than the product.

Anyway, if the sender puts some old paint in a little bag with whatever is being shipped, then they know it is paintball equipment. This has helped me a few times. And if the sender just marks the package as "paintball equipment Quatntity: 1" then they can not try and peg you for lying, because: "hey, it says paintball equipment and there are paintballs in there, it must be paintball crap!"

But I've only had 1 package that was detained by customs, a Rap4 LE .43. I found out later on the RCMP website that those are pretty much illegal because they are cosmetically too close to real steel. I understand it more now, but my 275$ investment is sitting in a dump near Vancouver somewhere.
OUCH....

I can add that.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

Priority usps pricing needs to be corrected on threads start page. Prices just went up a few months back.
just a heads up.

Also another note for using priority verse parcel. Mostly good on a sellers stand point. Return shipping if un deliverable is included . Had a few returned in the past that were sent parcel post.
And the return shipping cost back cost double then the shipping to canada. parcel is great till the returns bite you a few times. Main reason i perfer shipping priority over parcel. Place i don't have to go to post office to ship priority .

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman229 View Post
Priority usps pricing needs to be corrected on threads start page. Prices just went up a few months back.
just a heads up.

Also another note for using priority verse parcel. Mostly good on a sellers stand point. Return shipping if un deliverable is included . Had a few returned in the past that were sent parcel post.
And the return shipping cost back cost double then the shipping to canada. parcel is great till the returns bite you a few times. Main reason i perfer shipping priority over parcel. Place i don't have to go to post office to ship priority .
Thanks! Posted this to the first post. Left a disclaimer on the pricing as well.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
but it do

Send a message via AIM to Bleeds Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeds

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I had my first package heading for Canada (or to any foreign country actually) rejected. It was the first time I had filled out a customs form for a package with paintball gear going up north. There was nothing suspicious inside, all the parts in the package noted. It was declared as used paintball equipment, which it is. The package was definitely opened up by someone and retaped. Not sure where I messed up since there was no reason given. Pretty pissed about it. Seriously considering not sending any more gear up there cause it was a two week debacle and in the end a lost sale. Kinda disheartening when I did everything right.

All that was inside was a run of the mill 98 with some extra barrels.

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."

Last edited by Bleeds; 10-31-2014 at 06:05 AM. Reason: I still love you silly Canadians, though!
Bleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
All that was inside was a run of the mill 98 with some extra barrels.
If the customs declaration said "barrel" on it, paintball or not, that's probably why it got opened... And once it was open, whoever was inspecting it was uneducated about what any of it was, probably. And that's just random chance who the officer is.

At least you got it back in the end. I ordered a 98 flatline barrel once (a CURVED barrel) and I'm pretty sure that is also sitting in a dump somewhere. However I have received a few "paintball feed tubes" without incident.

Edit: I also like that idea of including a baggie of paintballs so anyone who opens the package has a little context to work with...
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 10-31-2014 at 10:38 AM.
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a marker bounce around customs for almost a month and returned to me. I personally alter my descriptions now. For example an AGD valve is just an "air valve". The frame is an "aluminum lever". A barrel is "aluminum tubing". Havent had an issue since. I have only sold one complete marker since and labeled it as a "pneumatic tree marker" and it went through without issues.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
I had a marker bounce around customs for almost a month and returned to me. I personally alter my descriptions now. For example an AGD valve is just an "air valve". The frame is an "aluminum lever". A barrel is "aluminum tubing". Havent had an issue since. I have only sold one complete marker since and labeled it as a "pneumatic tree marker" and it went through without issues.
pneumatic marking tool (used sporting goods) - every time baby!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Everything paintball is an: "air tool accessory" or "aluminum tubing"

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts