mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It's a very different game than before. I've heard stories of the Ironmen's "Iron Balls" that pushed upwards of .70 cal. Longer range and accuracy at 300fps because of more mass, greater chance of breakage because of increased surface area and fill.

The days of longballing are over. Shell strength is also way down due to gentler guns.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Great subject, I've ventured back into playing again and thought I was loosing it. I pickup a fairly recent PGP and noticed that the balls tended to roll out the barrel. I just blamed it on the fact it was a Sheridan product (Nelson forever!), but when I tried out the "Freedom Paintballs" from the local sporting goods shop in my trusty Tunnel Rat the same thing happened. So being smaller do they hurt more or less?
Gunnar_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I took a bunch out for paintball one day

I took a bunch out for paintball one day with a wide variety of paint ball guns. Tracers, diabolo, a splatmaster, and some cheap brass Eagle talons.

It was quite fun except for the problem of double feeds and ball breakage.

I was constantly fixing guns for people................. one marker had about 10 paintball jammed in it.

I am going to put the detents in all these guns so that I won't have that problem again. And also will be putting fingernail polish in the breach.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

So maybe we should all start a letter writing campaign to one of the large companies asking for larger diameter ball sub-brand for older guns?

how many people do we have here and on other old gun forums that are getting pissed?

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's kinda funny, but in WI where I play, I tend to get alot of swelling actually.

I have had to pretty much stop using my J&J ceramic barrels because I got too much barrel breaks, from the first paintball not leaving the barrel, and next one smacking into the backside.

They get to the porting and stop. It's too tight of a fit.

I used a bigshot on the same gun and it worked just fine.

This was last year, and I tend to get the cheapo bucket O' paint.

I've never had rollouts before.

I have heard this, maybe something to do with the relative humidity and stuff?

Like some people swore on the micro shot years ago, and some did about thei big shot.

that tells me that even then, some people had rollouts, and some people had balls jamming up in thier guns.

So, in my mind, you could probably have good luck with consulting with some players that travel alot, and see if they see a difference in paint size geographicly.

My $.02
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
So maybe we should all start a letter writing campaign to one of the large companies asking for larger diameter ball sub-brand for older guns?

how many people do we have here and on other old gun forums that are getting pissed?
I have been preaching this should happen for two years if you do not complain things will not change. I know Nelson would step up but the issue is selling it in quality. My friends shop looked in to getting their paint by the time it was at his shop it would be 15-20 over his normal low paint prices. He moves 1-3 pallets of paint a week. A pallet that sits will be disastrous if by some how we could co op a pallet that may be the trick.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar_dude View Post
So being smaller do they hurt more or less?
More.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I have been preaching this should happen for two years if you do not complain things will not change. I know Nelson would step up but the issue is selling it in quality. My friends shop looked in to getting their paint by the time it was at his shop it would be 15-20 over his normal low paint prices. He moves 1-3 pallets of paint a week. A pallet that sits will be disastrous if by some how we could co op a pallet that may be the trick.
M Carter Brown house brand...how cool would that be?

I'd pre-order a case.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
So being smaller do they hurt more or less
Well they dont make 60 cal anymore so Id say the debate is long over

Quote:
I have heard this, maybe something to do with the relative humidity and stuff?

Like some people swore on the micro shot years ago, and some did about thei big shot.

that tells me that even then, some people had rollouts, and some people had balls jamming up in thier guns.

So, in my mind, you could probably have good luck with consulting with some players that travel alot, and see if they see a difference in paint size geographicly.
I can tell you this, Where I live the RH is around 20% at its highest in the summer months (most of the time its around 11%) When at castle my Autococker (with antichop bolt) was only firing every 2 or three shots, and some of those plooped out the end of the barrel just barely. It was very odd for a gun that shoots flawlessly normally, granted withthe exception of one game and castle all shoots hafe been fired in my back yard with this particular gun. I switched to My nel-spot after the first 20 or so minutes, and I noticed that the balls werea bit harder than usual to chamber, however the velocity was the same as it is up here.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts