mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Creative Pallet Bunker Ideas

So I've found a source of 40"x48" pallets that are very quality pine and can get a virtually unlimited amount. I want to make some more bunkers for my field that's located in pine woods but I don't want to just lean these things against a tree and use that as cover. That's too boring. So, my challenge to you all is to brainstorm up with some creative shapes, or structures that can be made of pallets, 2x4's, plywood and other common lumber (but mostly pallets since they are free). Thanks for all your help
tony48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Bunkers would be easy, just build "A" frames. It'll look like a sawhorse with one side solid.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

You can probably set two up in opposite directions and have a combined surface that can't be shot through cleanly. That won't keep them standing if you bump them though, so on the side you could add another one (or two if you wanted the same effect) and then tie them together with fencing wire. Just remember to hit the ends of the wire so nobody catches one.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I have no problems making a simple bunker, I already have several, but I want more than that. I'd like to make a sort of fort or home base and was wondering what creative ideas everyone had. I may also attempt to make a snake. I would put posts down every few feet and then put the pallets over them so the post slides through the center of the pallet and holds it up
Old 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Ever played with LEGO's? I would imagine the same techniques to keeping those sturdy would apply.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I made a 'fort' with several pallets, Made to big V type structures and laid them with the opening facing each other, but not touching. then I made two more smaller V structures and placed one out a bit infront of each opening so that you could not shoot directly into the fort. worked pretty well.

Then we covered the outside with slab board which filled in any gaps and also made it all a bit taller.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Think of them as modular building material. But to make a fort you are going to need a nail gun or a 2nd/3rd person to make it work.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Think of them as modular building material. But to make a fort you are going to need a nail gun or a 2nd/3rd person to make it work.
Yeah I can get up to 2-3 more people as needed
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Just Some Guy

You can take two pallets, butt the ends together at a 90 degree angle, and wire them together to make them free standing. Add more to each end to make a wall. Take some pallets apart to get more boards to fill in any gaps.

My Feedback
MarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

One of the things I've thought about doing if I ever get the resources to have my own field is drive stakes into the ground leaving two or so feet sticking out and screw the pallets to the stakes. It's more work but it would be kinda different.

It might be cool it you leaned two together and then attached one on either side like wings.

You could attach two together on the ends and then do that two more times, attach in a long triangular tube. You could either make a carwash style bunker or put it on the end for a stand up.

You might also stand one pallet on it's edge and then attach one on either side so it looks like an H.

$.02.
SodaBread is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts