mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

View Poll Results: Who's got the best purging on/off ASA?
CP Dovetail 15 34.09%
Planet Eclipse OOPS (Not the POPS) 12 27.27%
Dangerous Power flip-open 13 29.55%
Brand X, Dummy! 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rec Poster

the gauge hit the rail. i bout a ninja reg for my dye 45/4500 tank.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Habs fan!

CCM Fan
I have used cp on/offs as well as the PE OOPS and the DP RAPS, i will put mine in order of what i prefer as well as some pro's /con's so it is easy to read.

DP RAPS:
Pro's: Simple design, quick activation and it bleeds really well. Also comes with a rail and is the best asa out there in my opinion.
Con's: it does sit funny on some rails, or at least mine did, chewed up the stock azodin dovetail on my old kp+ (it was a crappy dovetail but still)

PE OOPS:
Pro's: simple design, compact and easy to use even when it is covered in paint or with gloves. Only takes about 2 maybe 3 turns to air up or bleed the marker.
Cons: The T rail mounting system will not work if you want to use it on a standard dovetail, and it may be harder to come by. Also if your running with a drop forward you may need to get a new one set up for the direct mount in order to use the T rail.

CP Dovetail mount: My version is a little bit older and bulkier but i doubt they have changed too much
Pro's: Readily availible, lots of colours to choose from so you dont need to anno match it too your marker. They work, unless you re anno them. (the bleeding seems to fail if you re anno it)
Con's: Price is not = to the innovation that other brands offer. Dated design, still works but not as smoothly as some newer systems like the raps or bob long gear drive, PE POPS. My tank always gets stuck in mine, the tank pierce pin (for lack of a better word) doesnt retract all the way with the knob. (could be fixed by a bit of grease i assume) It is bulky and if you re anno it the bleeding never seems to work anywhere near the original level.

All three are quality products but i feel that the cp on/offs are less flexible in terms of price and performance compared to the PE, and DP on/offs. I hear great things about bob long asa's but i have yet to use them so i cannot comment at the current time.
Studwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Old Skooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studwiser View Post
DP RAPS:
Pro's: Simple design, quick activation and it bleeds really well. Also comes with a rail and is the best asa out there in my opinion.
Con's: it does sit funny on some rails, or at least mine did, chewed up the stock azodin dovetail on my old kp+ (it was a crappy dovetail but still)
This is true, the RAPS seemed like it needed a slightly fatter dovetail than some that were sitting around in my toolbox. Still, it does come with its own dovetail, which is a good match for it. And I agree, it is easily the best on/off in my collection. I would like to have one on every gun I own. I also like that I can tell if the gun is aired up just by looking at it. I never have to guess, or double check the knob. And I hate having to turn knobs with gloves or painty oily hands.

I do like the looks of P.E.s newest style of on/offs.
All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me.
Whole. And complete. And free at last.

btmcmahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

This 't-rail' thingy on the OOPS has me curious.

Can't seem to find any good pics online.

Anyone care to post a good close-up (or a link) so it makes sense?

EDIT: Checked one out in person today.

EDIT EDIT: Checked out only the ASA, not the rail, so am still curious about exactly how the ASA connects to the rail.

And again, thanks for this wealth of information, all of you.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Menace; 07-05-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts