mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Found an adapter for $9 today. Put it together with an aka reg and it works great! I'll post pics later, thanks for the help all.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
This is much more portable.

Innovations in Cycling Tire Inflator Ultraflate Plus 2425

and you can use unthreaded 12g's.

Two more things to consider
MR. Tuffy Rim Strips at JensonUSA.com
Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tire (26-inch) - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

IIRC Palmers made something for tires and so did tippmann
TF

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feedback
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guerrilla Air Rep/Tech

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Do you guys know if there is a company out there that makes an adapter for this?
Sales 1-310-715-1122 | Tech Support 1-847-640-8857
sales@guerrillaair.com techsupport@guerrillaair.com
Guerrilla Air Website
Guerrilla Air Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
true, but not nearly as fun as building your own Plus I am not a big fan of the idea of using Co2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla Air Rep View Post
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Do you guys know if there is a company out there that makes an adapter for this?
Jinx is right, palmer's sells a female stab with an adapter on it. I am too lazy to go searching right now for a price, but I would imagine it would be around the $100 mark since they would charge you for a new stab, plus the cost of fittings etc. A friend has one and it inspired me to do my own.

If someone wants to make their own even simpler than mine, at ace hardware in the same section that they have the tire chucks right next to them is an inline reg that outputs 0-200psi ( think). the chuck and reg are both 1/4 npt, so someone could just head over to plumbing and pick up a 1/4-1/8 reducer. total cost if one would go that route would be about $30-$40 depending on the quality of chuck they wanted (locking vs non). I of course already had a reg and fittings laying around so I spent about $16 for the fun of it

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

It's $109. I work with a guy who was looking for a solution for his Jeep that would allow for a 20oz co2 tank. He ended up going with a non-regulated setup from I&I on ebay for $20. It has a trigger to start the airflow, but no reg.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I was Chris' friend who has the Palmer setup. It's a nice way to go, and I use it mostly with CO2.

What Chris missed seeing, though, was the setup that I send the baja racers out with... 70/68 with an adjustable tank reg set to 140 psi. (140 is just before the failure point for the valve stems, and still enough air pressure to seat a tire bead.)
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

we use this kinf od setup for small maintence at our field......no more getting the generator and the compressor out.

a 48/3000 regged at 120 with a palmer stab and a 2 inch spike nailer gunn will shoot enough to nail 3 sheets of plywood from a teammate. then we top it off again from the scuba.....tons lighter and more moveable then a long *** hose. the cost was 6 bucks for the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter everything else was standard paintball or aircompressor parts.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
At the shop that I work at we have 2 of these built up.
One is built from an Female LP Palmer's Stab (0-200psi) and the other is built from a Universal Fill Adapter and a PPS Boulder.
Both run remote lines off of the regs, 1/8-1/4 reducing bushings, quick disconnects and right now they have tire chucks on them. I have also pulled the normal adjustment screw out and use a hex bolt with washers under it to limit the pressure that you get out of the system (100psi). They work amazing for filling tires. I use them to fill my mountain bike tires with nitrogen all the time. I also found out that a 45/68ci can fill 4 flat tires on a Chevy Astro van enough to get home.
Any time one of the guys at the shop goes on a vacation, one of the setups usually is borrowed so then if there are problems they can keep the tires inflated.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts