mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Q Loaders

Wasn't sure where to ask this so here's it goes. Anyone use a Q loader setup? Love em? Hate em? Ever since they came out a while back, I wanted to try one out. I like mag-fed play so I wanna give this a try. Thanks for the input.
king05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team ESP

They are quite a pain to deal with and can be buggy. I had one for a season before i gave up on trying to tinker with all of its quirks. If your going for a milsim look it works well for mounting under the gun but for everyday use having to deal with the pods, meticulous loading of each pod, and limited capacity just didnt work for me. The only thing i did keep was my Q-pack and still use it today
Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Future Robocop

Never liked mine. There are issues when the pod gets down to the last couple balls (chopping, not feeding the last ones). Brittle paint is a big no no. I also found mine uncomfortable to play with. To load the pods was a bitch. Overall, I had one, and haven't had another.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Loved mine, have two setups. Used them extensively for the past 5 years.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Very fast feeding. THe Gen 1 pods are prone to self destructing, when you feed over 30 bps. The Gen 2 pods (The ones without the nylon ball) are much more reliable.

I have used them for a couple of speed marker builds. They can be finicky, and very brutal on paint, when you run them at silly high ROFS. The sudden stops from 30 bps to nothing, crushes paint... Ask me how I know.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I had one on my a5 when I bought it, sold it short after.

I never had issues with it, but it was cumbersome, pods were expensive and they were a pain to clean. Unless you need an insane ROF for something, I'd go with a standard loader.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've transitioned it from my M98 Tippmann, my Woodstalker Ion (in sig), and now, it's on my SP-1. On the first two, problems, problems, problems. On the SP-1, I have it direct mounted (feeding downwards, into the breech) and with the pre-winds way low, it works great.

I fed nothing but Marballizers through it (on every gun) and no matter what for the first two guns, I had problems (pinching in the socket, 1.5 balls in the breech, the list goes on). The reason: I don't shoot enough.

Every ball in the stack between the pod and the breech shares the full pressure of the spring. If you don't cycle those balls through fast enough, they will compress, and the number of balls fitting in the tube will increase, leading to 1.5 in the breech and .5 in between the pod and the socket. The "fast enough" part is dependent upon your paint, the weather, and the number of pre-winds.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Good stuff guys, thanks for the info. Always wondered why they didn't seem to catch on.
king05 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts