mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

need help with my virtue ion board

i have a virtue oled ion board and need help with finding a manual and also can anyone tell me what they have their settings set aat to shoot really fast. i cant get mine to shoot real fast. I need help.
sooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Radical!

Download the manual from VirtuePaintball.com. You'll be able to adjust the rate of fire, once you find out how to get into the settings.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I dont' have access to my Ion (with the OLED, see my sig for the mods) but, I can tell you that I tuned it with the help/advice of a Virtue tech and the Rotor directly on top (no Warp Feed), and I reached a very solid 18BPs in a video recorded session. I don't know if that's your definition of 'very fast'. I'm not sure what the limitation was (the loader, the board, the fire chamber, etc)

Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.virtuepb.com/products/hom...LED_Manual.pdf

If you want tuning advice, I'd check out this page:

ZDS Paintball - Ion Electronics & Pressure Setting
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

What do you have for upgrades? An aftermarket bolt and QEV will allow you to run a much lower dwell than stock. Stock dwell on a Virtue is 30 ms, if you have a QEV you can run around 10-12, and even a few less with a lighter bolt too.
crashandburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

right now all i have is the board. Im waiting for my l7 bolt to come from techt then im going to buy a qev. How many qev's do i need for my ion? I had a l6 bolt in it and it shot alot faster. I dint think the bolt made that much of a difference.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

You can only use one QEV with the Ion.

L6 and a QEV would be moderately fast. L7 with QEV even faster, assuming you tune it properly.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

ok thanks for the info. Right now i have everything set at the highest setting i can with the rof high and ramping speed at max. As soon as i get my l7 bolt iim going to test it and let everyone know how it went thanks for the info and everyone has been real nice at this site thanks again.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

Ok I feel a little stupid because the whole time I was trying to fix my settings to make my ion shoot faster I didn't look at my virtue eyes to see if they were working and they don't. So I replaced them with the stock eyes then hooked up air and shot my ion and now it's shooting roughly 14 to 18 bps without my new bolt and a qev. I should be getting my new bolt soon and then I'm ordering a qev so I will then try it out and hopefully will hit the 22 bps or higher. When I do I will let everyone know and thank you to everyone for the help. Any other upgrades I should do to help make my ion better.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
GO OU SOONERS

Got my l7 bolt in today and it works great my ion is shooting much faster havent been able to see what it is shooting yet but its fast.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts