mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Couple of Regulator Questions

1. Does anyone know where I can find an exploded view of an ANS Gen-X2 reg? I have one that doesn't seem to want to adjust the output pressure. According to the gauge, the pressure stays right around 625 psi no matter how far in or out I turn the adjuster. I made sure to fire off a few shots between adjustments, as well. I figure it might be missing something internally or perhaps the parts are installed incorrectly, but I don't know what to look for.

2. Is there a way to tell the approximate output pressure of an AKA Sidewinder reg judging by the placement of the adjustment screw?

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Hmmmm... you sure the gauge is operating properly? Run oil through the reg?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, the gauge works fine on my Stabilizer. The reg is pretty well oiled. Is there supposed to be a spring in there anywhere? I unscrewed the bottom part and there was a piston type thing in there with a stack of little metal discs on it. Not sure what all should be inside this thing.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

When mine did that I replace a litte o-ring in it and it went back to working. I will try and take mine apart tonight and get some pics of the o-ring
taliesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Cool. I'd really appreciate that.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Internally its similar to an AA Black Ice, or Violator. After you took the spring pack out, you should slide the piston out and clean and lube the o-ring after checking to see that the o-ring is in good shape (No nicks or cuts). When AA regs were doing this it was sometimes from a bent reg pin, take the body halves apart and check the pin for straightness and that there is no debris holding it open. Also could be the reg seat. I would try and get a new seat and pin for it, and an o-ring for a mag piston may work on the ans piston.

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Are the discs cone-shaped (belleville springs)? If so, make sure they're not 'spooning', they should be like this: ()()()(), not this: ((((((((.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Needs new knees

The Spring pack in an ANS reg isnt user servicable, I.E. not able to easily be restacked. I havent seen a spring pack of bellevile washer change shape, so it prolly isnt the washers doing weird things. Also, all the spring packs I have seen are stacked like this (())(())(())(()) AA spring packs are. I just confirmed it by pulling one out of an ANS reg I have here.

Shane-O
Old 07-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O
Internally its similar to an AA Black Ice, or Violator. After you took the spring pack out, you should slide the piston out and clean and lube the o-ring after checking to see that the o-ring is in good shape (No nicks or cuts). When AA regs were doing this it was sometimes from a bent reg pin, take the body halves apart and check the pin for straightness and that there is no debris holding it open. Also could be the reg seat. I would try and get a new seat and pin for it, and an o-ring for a mag piston may work on the ans piston.

Shane-O

OK, I believe this reg is incomplete. When I unscrew the bottom half, there is only the spring pack. I don't see anything that resembles a piston. Is it supposed to be in the hole that is in the center of the spring pack? Also, there is no o-ring on any of the parts that I've disassembled. Aside from the part that adjusts pressure, I can't get the body halves apart. I'm assuming I need a vice, which I don't have.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Look inside the bore (with the spring pack out), you should see a brass piston with a black jam nut in the bottom of it. You may have to coax it out, it wont always slide out easily. It will look like a mag reg piston if you have seen one of those. You may have to hook something in it and pull it out. It could be stuck in one position, thats way it reglates at 625 and nothing else. I would think that without a piston it shouldnt get ANY output pressure.

Oh, justthought of something silly that has happened to me.....
Make sure the gauge is in the output hole, not an input, which would read tank pressure. Sounds funny, but it happens!

Shane-O

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts