mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

Silly A5 Question

I finally bit the bullet and joined the 21st century with an A5. So now I turn it over to you guys -- by your experience, what upgrades are worth the cash?

What I'm mainly looking for is to keep the marker short and compact, as I'm usually pretty aggressive and want to keep the tree planting to a minimum when I slide for cover . Keeping it light doesn't matter much to me -- I'm an avid weightlifter who's played with a VM in each hand before.

Also, I'm not a fan of electros or response triggers. As of now, the A5 is 100% stock and basic and I'm keeping the firing mechanism to one trigger pull = one ball.

Has the Ricochet loader saved anyone's bacon? Is the Flatline actually worth the cash, or should I get something more conventional? What double trigger is the sturdiest? What drop forward does the job with a decent-sized HPA bottle?

That sorta thing. Looking forward to your replies.
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Flatline= junk, neat junk, but junk.
Double triger, no point realy unless thats your thing..
RT- Not a bad choice, had one on mine before I sold it. Great for short bursts. Most people misconceive RT as Full auto, its not, well it sort of is but 8 out of 10 people cant go FA with it until they get the feel of it down.
Regulator, A feamle Stab should work nice, also get an "rva" for the gun (to adjust dwell)
PArts kit- get the full one, think 888paintball sells them.

Oh yeah, dont remove the "tombstone" unless you need to, the valve has a tendency to fall apart.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The flatline does enable someone to shoot a bit longer distance then with the stock barrel but I find the paint would just bounce off me and not break. I've even seen some with flatlines shoot at a wood bunker wall and it would still bounce.

Now some people (noobs, younger players) would be afraid of someone shooting at that distance. I just stand there like a fool and take my chances it would not break (I personally find it 70/30 percent it would NOT break).

Of course, it could of been the paint. I doubt it since it was several people with flatlines using various paint.

Getting a new hopper would be a good choice though. I've already replaced mine twice already.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

Shartley has a a-5 being built that looks daggone nice. Very compact and light looking.

I used a flatline, Egrip, RVA, stab, air through stock,and had a scepter launcher on mine so I probobly could not give good advice to you.

Are you using this for scenario games, speedball, both, or mostly woods/rec play?

2 websites you might look at are www.milsimog.com and www.undergroundmodshop.com forums.
Milsim has some cool ideas floating around, ums have the cream of the crop of A-5 users.

There are no silly a-5 questions, but remember: washer first,then the o-ring,tombstone holds it all in place. If you don't know what this means you soon will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

I have used an A-5 with a flatline, and it gave me no problems, i was tagging people at much farther than my normal range and they broke every time. I was using All-Star paint.
The E-grip is a waste, but so (in my opinion) is just about any marker that requires batteries. Although... it was capable of ourshooting the cyclone feed.
I dont remember, do they come stock with a fore-grip?

I dont own one myself, and never plan on buying one. I see my only new semi-auto purchase being a tib8 and/or autococker.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I dont remember, do they come stock with a fore-grip
That's another thing. Mine fell out after the first game. Just make sure that screw is on tight.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

check out A5OD.com and undergroundmodshop.com
two great places to check out the A5...
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
CHEERS!

1. Palmers Stabalizer.

2. Lapco Barrel.

3. Polish internals.

5. Profit.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma
Are you using this for scenario games, speedball, both, or mostly woods/rec play?
It's going to be for pretty much everything, though I've been bitten by the speedball bug as that's the only field I don't need a car to get to. I'm primarily a woodsballer, but I don't always feel like bugging the local regulars for a lift out to the sticks so I can put welts on them.

Plus, y'know, the speedball field is where all the Ion kiddies congregate, and I just looove terrorizing them.

I'm not altering the valve assembly unless it's critical. The shop knows me well enough that the local tech will see how many of MY internal parts he can try to replace before leaving me in a bag on someone else's counter. The Palmer's Stab definitely looks like a good investment on that note. As does the lapco barrel.

And the stock hopper just begs to be replaced, or else I'm going to put a sticker that looks like this: on the front end.

Checking those sites now! Keep the input comin'!
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrracerAce
And the stock hopper just begs to be replaced, or else I'm going to put a sticker that looks like this: on the front end.
Ha ha ha!

"Have a nice day." *pak pak pak pakpakpakpak!!!*

Awesome.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts