mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Help!!!!! VM question!

Ok... I have a pending sale by a member here depending on the answer to this...

I'm not sure what grip I have on my VM-68... Its molded plastic with a swing down door at the bottom... I think its called a Lonestar grip... Anyhoo I am looking to convert the marker to a dual tank and I have the dual tank kit and all I need is the adapter to put under my grip. I've been offered a TASO M-16 Grip adapter which appears to be what I need but I am not sure! I kind of need an answer by Wed so I'm leaving it up to you, Help me figure this out!!!!!

Jackal
Jackalkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fair Weather Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to angelpena Send a message via Skype™ to angelpena

I think the grip on a vm is not a lonestar, but it's close. get the adapter, it will probably fit, and if it doesn't fit your grip pm me your address and I'll send you a lonestar.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

it's a lonestar grip. all vms came with a lonestar grip w/ trapdoor, just take the roll pin out and remove the trap door.
edm

ASE certifed master tech
Master Certified Chrysler Tech
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Don't know if it will fit or not, but the lonestar grip and the m-16 grip are not identical.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Actually, lonestar ordinance is a contractor that makes the grips for the M16 family of rifles, so in short, yes a lonestar grip is an M16 grip. there are a few variants, just pick the one you like and good luck!

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Actually, lonestar ordinance is a contractor that makes the grips for the M16 family of rifles, so in short, yes a lonestar grip is an M16 grip. there are a few variants, just pick the one you like and good luck!
Yes the lonestar is an m-16 grip, but it not the same as the "m-16 grip". The variants are the "m-16 grip" that comes on phantoms, the lonestar grip, and eurogrip, as well as several 45 blocks. You can pick any grip and find a bottom line for it, but not all the bottom lines are compatable. If this guy wants to pick up a bottom line for his lonestar, it needs to be for a lonestar, and probably not an m-16 grip.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I suppose it depends on what "Dual Tank Kit" means.

horizontal, and bottomline? or vert and bottom? or vert/back, or horiz/back, or back/bottom? Is it a skanline kit? or just a braided hose with a "T" adapter?

I was bored enough once many, many years ago to stick 4 co2 tanks on my VM. No real reason, except "something to do".

My VMs all came with the generic Lonestar-type grip that was found on most guns in the 90s. However, there was around 10-15 different variants, like the Gators, Euros, Tasos, Ramlines, etc. Those all utilize completely DIFFERENT ASA adapters.

Also, again, not knowing what kind of "kit" you go, but some lonestar adapters have a BUILT IN asa, while some just add a place to screw in an ASA. So, that might effect your ability to instal the kit.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Actually, I see you and I are neighbors. I live in Revere. LMK and I can take a look at it. I do not mind blowing an evening after work futzing with a VM

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey Fluff, I appreciate the offer but the VM is in the shop getting machined for a RVA right now... Maybe we'll get together for some other reason at some point.

Ok guys... I have the VM and I'm trying to get my VM to have the horizontal stock tank as well as the below the grip tank. I have the TASO kit with the braided hose and tank adapter but no way to attach it to the bottom of the grip. Someone here at MCB has the "M-16" grip adapter to mount the ASA but Im not sure if it will fit my grip or not. I can visualize my grip... does anyone have photos of the M-16 grip that I can see to compare?

I'm purchasing a marker from this person when I get back from ME on Wed and am hoping to have him include the grip if it is what I need.

thanks guys!
Jackalkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

CCM Fan
like I said. I can show you. I will see about a pic if I get a chance. have the adaptor and a vm with a bottomline.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts