mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
what about the 50's and the 707?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Only "PART" Canadian

Sorry I couldn't help myself

Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Sorry I have to prove what Jack Wood told me in person! And what has been a know issue since the first firmware update on the e-2's. You really do have issues and need to get them sorted out as you have to bring this up.
Must defend self...

Known issue, eh? Somehow NO ONE has heard of it other than you. There is NO documentation on your claim found anywhere so far.

Yeah... I'm the one with issues. I have been trying to "sort out" this particular issue... with no help from you since you won't substantiate your unproven claims. I've found documentation that contradicts you. I've talked to people well versed and experienced with these E2 frames and they all contradict you. NOTHING has backed your "name drop" E2 claims.

Yeah... I'm the one with the "issue in that you want things handed out/ hands held, instead of good honest hard work." -B

That statement of yours really makes sense now, doesn't it?

Back on topic. Let's all make the timeline. It will be a nice addition to Vrex and the Bluebook. B's help obviously isn't needed/wanted. His unhelpful incursions into this thread now pretty much amount to trolling anyway.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Back on topic. Let's all make the timeline. It will be a nice addition to Vrex and the Bluebook. B's help obviously isn't needed/wanted. His unhelpful incursions into this thread now pretty much amount to trolling anyway.
Well, doing a little digging on alt.sport.paintball I find a post on May 6, 91 comparing the 68-Special, PMI-III, Illustrator (I assume F1), Automag, and mentioning the Golden Eagle and Hurricane. Still digging for earlier refferances, but newgroup archives tend to get incomplete that far back. It does call the F1 a "PMI-III ripoff", so we can assume the PMI-III came first, and that the Vintagerex release date of 92 is deffinatly wrong.

I know I'm skipping ahead to the semiauto years, but we'll end up argueing for weeks on the order of all the nelson clones out there

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

~ [+/-] 13.7 Billion Years Ago (big Bang, and according to your beliefs, it's the first time "WTF!" or "Oh, Sh**!" or "Oops" is heard. Official words is currently debated by the Intellectuals around the Universe)

~ 4.3 Billion Years Ago (Solar System Formed, "I can do better then this" someone is noted in saying...)
~ 250,000 Years Ago (Og beats Zug with a big stick, First Cave War Introduces the Concept of "Entitlement" )
~ 249,999 Years Ago (Zug's brother Zam Beats Og with a big rock, ending First Cave War, introduces concept of "weapons escalation." First Cries of cheating! Other concepts first introduced include "Revenge" and "My rock is bigger then your rock" and "Who's the B**** now" is first heard.)

--> Jump to Modern History

1969 Most Important Person on Earth is Born (quite possibly the Entire Universe and all of recorded History)
Circa 1970's Nel-Spot Introduces the 007
1975 Future US President Al Gore Invents the Internet
1985 Splatmaster
1987 Crosman 3357

2004-2005 The Great Melt Down of MCB. This causes wild speculation of the END of paintball as we knew it. Servers Crash... E-bay prices go wild... Great Confusion ensures as MCB moves to PBC... This is known as the Dark Ages...

Early 2007 --> MCB Declares itself as a "Cartel" as members manage to acquire HALF of ALL 2005 Grey Ghosts...

The Great B**** slap fest between the two B's @ MCB occurs...

Future -->

2012 As the Myans Correctly predicted -->
US President Al Gore, on the steps of the US Capital as Global Warming forces huge Glaciers onto the US Continent, the President declares "I told you M***** F****** so! Who's the B**** now!" right before the massive ice sheets smothers the President and has been shown over and over and OVER @ Google/Fox Network's youtube.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Another sequence of constructive input from our most knowledgeable member. Thanks "B".

It's time to walk away now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Agreed... I apologize to everyone for the arguing.

Back to the timeline!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fub- asp started around early 1991, and it was pretty spotty back then. If you look hard enough, you will find some of my posts back then....

Rambopreacher used to have a pretty decent timeline, though my link to his OGOG site is dead.

Part of the problem with timelines is when the gun -REALLY- came out. Not just rumors, or protos, or tradeshows or vapor, etc. When you could really buy it.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Nope, not VM's technically. PMI-3's were around, but they didn't change to VM's till later.
Ahh Good Point. That's probably the difference in the dates in VR.

They're all VM's to me. heh. (Never been a big fan)

-NR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Well, here's a very rudimentary but not very complete timeline from the Old Gun Owner's Group....the first vintage site I found several years back, and probably just a few minutes before discovering MCB.

Timeline

And here's a list of numerous markers with the year of manufacture (unfortunately, no month of release)

http://www.pentestone.com/OGOG/guns.txt

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts