mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. View Post
IT will not pass visual. The epoxy, is part of what gives it the strength. It wwould have to be repaired and then re hydro-ed. most will not even bother due to liability.
tank to ninja or lukfer or crossfire about this, the epoxy doesn't give the tank the strength its the fibers that give the tank the strength. the epoxy adds a little bit but mostly it helps keep the fiber strains in place.

now if a fiber strain is broken tank is garbage, as it won't pass visual inspection bc thats where the strength comes from, BUT ninja has repaired epoxy coatings that have small cracks and chips..... THAT is not a SMALL crack thats almost 1/4 across. thats a GAP. the annoying thing is you can't tell if the fibers under the label are broke or snapped which might has caused the expansion.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

got the tank today, thanks!
while looking at it with a ruler to see if there is a bulge in the center......there is!
it's about an 1/8 bigger by the crack then the rest of the tank.
prolly under the label the threading shredded.....it's wild i've never seen this before.
that tank was a kaboom waiting
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Hopefully you can use it to make people more aware of safety issues. It sure as hell opened my eyes.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yup I'm gunna take it and intentionally booger up the threads and then take it to the bandsaw and make a cross section of the bulge and threads.
In al reality it was due for a hydro next year and it would have failed then and still been fine for the most part if you used it another year ..... But thats like driving you car when the brakes are grinding. Sure you can stop not as fast and sooner or later your breaks will fail and you'll have no breaks but smart people don't drive on bad breaks for their own safety and others.
These bottles can handle a hell of ALOT of pressure but that doesnt mean you abuse that fact.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts