mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Laugh away, NXE JRNY question. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/198094-laugh-away-nxe-jrny-question.html)

PVT 04-04-2012 04:31 PM

Laugh away, NXE JRNY question.

I recently purchased a NXE JRNY and its not the worst hopper I have owned but I do have a few issues.

1) It never stops showing the red jam light, IDK if this is causing an issue, caused by an issue, or if its something to just ignore

2) it overfeeds like an sob. My egg hopper puts one in the barrel and stops the Jrny just keeps feeding. I was playing the other day and getting 2 and 3 balls in the barrel at a time, not very playable. Is this just an issue with the loader and is there a way to alleviate it.

I think the two issues are related (it says its jammed and thus overfeeds to compensate) but I don't really know. I would rather not have to sell a new hopper and get another one but I can't play when I am filling the barrel with unfired paintballs (note: It is not the detents, Ive checked and replaced already on two barrels)

ta2maki 04-04-2012 07:25 PM

It's an awful loader.

I bought one, played with it for a few minutes, then put it back in the box. Neat concept, but not good enough to use IMO.

Harbinger[TG] 04-04-2012 07:56 PM

I wasn't even aware these things finally made it here from china.

p8ntninja 04-04-2012 08:39 PM

Sure did ANS had a buttload of them and were blowing them out for around $40 IIRC.

Nobody 04-04-2012 09:32 PM

going off regular hopper tech, i'll try to answer.

i don't know the eye setup in the JRNY, or how it senses it need to feed, but the eyes(which i will assume it has) might not see the paint, or the ball stack is falling in between the eyes, causing the double feeds.

also, check the detents. eggys aren't a force feed hopper, so the ball detents could be fine. but if i understand the JRNY, it has more force behind it, and could be blowing past the detents.

hope that helps.

ta2maki 04-04-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p8ntninja (Post 2289587)
Sure did ANS had a buttload of them and were blowing them out for around $40 IIRC.

Wow, I feel stupid now. I paid full price.:(

PVT, have you tried cleaning the pogo pins?

PVT 04-05-2012 04:47 AM

I have not yet. Tomorrow I will clean the pins, make sure the the loader is cleaned up near the eyes etc and check the detents again then give it a shot. Worst case scenario someone in the BST might want it.

JLuke 04-05-2012 07:52 AM

Well if it goes up on bst as non working, i might pick it up, i'd love to have one more as a collector's thing than something to use, i kinda have a thing for keeping my retired hoppers, right now i have halos, revys, velocitys, eggs, all the hoppers ive ever used sitting on a shelf.

PeaTear_Griffin 04-05-2012 08:55 PM

I was going to buy one for 40 but I'm glad I held myself back lol.

PVT 04-06-2012 02:10 AM

I took the hopper apart and cleaned the pogo pins and now it seems to be working pretty well. The LED is staying green (not on the jam alert) and now seems to be feeding at somewhat less of an obnoxious rate/pressure.

I will have to take it out and put a few tubes through it to tell for sure but it seems to be ok now.