mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   ramrod barrel, bor size... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/198417-ramrod-barrel-bor-size.html)

swe_crazy 04-07-2012 03:30 PM

ramrod barrel, bor size...
 
Does anyone know what bor size ramrod barrel have?:confused:

Nobody 04-07-2012 03:32 PM

are you serious??

swe_crazy 04-07-2012 03:54 PM

*.688 found it

Hawkeye20 04-07-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2293185)
are you serious??

:huh: Why wouldn't he be?

Nobody 04-08-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 (Post 2293385)
:huh: Why wouldn't he be?

they are junk barrels, not really worth it, IMO, to even worry about it. they won't shoot straight, regardless of the bore size or trying to match paint to it. the bore is only 6" and the rest of the barrel is made of 4 rods. the rods aren't equal to the bore size. it would be better to have a freak back, with a flash point tip.

the barrel, IMO is only worth anything, as novelty, as a wall hanger. i was playing when they came out. i know all about them. i do not believe the question is real. though i could have asked why, i would rather first know if the person was serious before anything else. though the question is simple, i do not know if the person was asking more out of edification, or he saw one in a pic and was wondering about it. at times in 15 years of paintball on the internet, i have answered many questions and i'm sorry if i question question. i just don't believe the question.

swe_crazy 04-08-2012 05:25 AM

The question was only of edification, and yes it would be a bit of a wall hanger, I know it is not the best barrel on the market. I am building an Automag of rare parts, if it would work well in the field, the answer is probably no, but it will be "different" question was simple, and the answer should be simple. Opinions are like armpits, everybody has them, but that does not mean I want yours.... have a nice day ... where did I put the beer?? "% # :censored:@#..

HP_Lovecraft 04-08-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2293777)
at times in 15 years of paintball on the internet, i have answered many questions and i'm sorry if i question question. i just don't believe the question.

Still, it would have been better to answer the question, instead of acting condescending.

Everyone has opinions on what is "good" and "worthless". People value different objects for different reasons.

Paintball is 50% looks, style, and image. I could say "Sheridan Pumps are all crap and worthless because they do not shoot 20bps!!!". But thats rather missing the point.

Say with all the endless people who bash milsim, or any other trend. Thats why "verses" threads are not allowed. They are the always trash, and useless, since you only get the fanboys.

To answer the OP, my memory was they were overbored. The idea was so that you could shoot through breaks. I thought they were pretty cool looking as well. Others that I've seen were all completely usable, perfect for large games where you want to stand out a bit.

ta2maki 04-08-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft (Post 2293904)
To answer the OP, my memory was they were overbored. The idea was so that you could shoot through breaks.

I remember seeing a photo in a magazine that showed how you could clean the barrel in-game with some dirt.

maggot 04-08-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2293777)
they are junk barrels, not really worth it, IMO, to even worry about it. they won't shoot straight, regardless of the bore size or trying to match paint to it. the bore is only 6" and the rest of the barrel is made of 4 rods. the rods aren't equal to the bore size. it would be better to have a freak back, with a flash point tip.

the barrel, IMO is only worth anything, as novelty, as a wall hanger. i was playing when they came out. i know all about them. i do not believe the question is real. though i could have asked why, i would rather first know if the person was serious before anything else. though the question is simple, i do not know if the person was asking more out of edification, or he saw one in a pic and was wondering about it. at times in 15 years of paintball on the internet, i have answered many questions and i'm sorry if i question question. i just don't believe the question.

What a waste of time reading that post of complete garbage. :bang:

It's a good question. I don't have one anymore to give you the answer. I love the barrels though. One of the most unique barrel designs ever, probably second to the Flatline.

Timber_Ghost 04-08-2012 12:50 PM

I always wondered if they would make a good base for a raincover.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC