Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

Brass N Wood Fan
Alternative Launcher Plans?

I've had a thought... Instead of making the classic PVC launcher with PVC, various pipes, ball valve, and a 12 gram changer. I've had this idea...

It's practically the same thing, but adding another small section of pipe, another ball valve, and instead of 12 grams, using a CO2 tank. Turn the tank on, open the ball valve #1, close ball valve #1, fire the launcher (by opening ball valve #2), load your ammo, close ball valve #2, open ball valve #1, etc etc. See what I'm doing? Instead of blowing through 1 whole 12 gram to fire it one time, use a tank and trap X amount of air in the pipes to fire the launcher. See what I'm saying? Would something like this work? If I've confused you, please let me know.
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I have a hot sister. looks just like me in a wig. but it isn't me, really, just keep your hands above the belt and you'll never know.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yep, it's been done. Might be easier to use a remote and use the on/off on the remote to fill the laincher.

Originally Posted by senghing27
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wouldn't the fill rate be significantly more? As in, you use the same size chamber to expand the co2, you are looking at a constant 700-800 psi compared to 12 grams filling out and reducing pressure?

also, could someone give me some specs on launchers, IE chamber volumes, barrel length, ammo info and anything else? Or a link to said info?
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I want to put a warning in here. If you, in any way, bad talk bacon or attempt to steer anyone away from bacon, or even hint about the ethics of bacon - I will perm ban you.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts