mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
I think that is a good match for my needs, yes. And I am actually a Rothco dealer. Normally though these types of places do not offer the base fabric for sale. I have contacted a few places this past week though and am waiting on replies back.
I wonder if they would share where they purchase their fabric from. I found a place selling t-shirts with a simular pattern.
order.outinstyle.com - T-Shirts and Tank Tops
Here is the link to their color chart:
Size and Color Guide - Outinstyle.com
Just for laughs checkout their paintball page.
order.outinstyle.com - Paintball Supplies

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 08-06-2007 at 02:01 AM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Rhodies!

Hey Sam,

I have two sets of Rhodesian camouflage. One set is original and made in South Africa. The other set is US BDU cut and a copy of the original pattern. The quality of the print on the copies is not even close to the quality of the original. Rhodesian is my favorite pattern. Actually, it's a tie with original VN tiger stripe (gold dominant large pattern).

I've been looking for the material as well. How much do you need? I might be able to point you in the right direction. For some reason I have a bit of an obsession with the former Rhodesia.

Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
Hey Sam,

I have two sets of Rhodesian camouflage. One set is original and made in South Africa. The other set is US BDU cut and a copy of the original pattern. The quality of the print on the copies is not even close to the quality of the original. Rhodesian is my favorite pattern. Actually, it's a tie with original VN tiger stripe (gold dominant large pattern).

I've been looking for the material as well. How much do you need? I might be able to point you in the right direction. For some reason I have a bit of an obsession with the former Rhodesia.

http://backup.specialops.com/images/...siaissuper.jpg
Yes, I too have seen a few versions of the design and they do indeed vary in quality. So all I can hope for at this point is something close to what everyone is using (both the SO version as well as standard uniform versions out there).

I was directed to a place in Hong Kong that makes a suitable copy but unfortunately they will not do business with me unless I want to purchase 5,000m or more. Needless to say that is out of the question.

What I need is a source that can sell me it by the yard. That does not mean I only want ONE yard, but I need to be able to purchase it in small quantities (5-7 yards at a time most likely) and on a regular basis. I have NO problems doing this with most of the major camo dealers online... but NONE of them carry this pattern. LOL

So the search goes on.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

5,000 meters??? That's three miles! Three miles of fabric?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
5,000 meters??? That's three miles! Three miles of fabric?
I just checked my reply message and indeed it is 5,000m. Keep in mind that a lot of these places sell to companies that make clothing and other items. So what seems like a lot to the common man is not that much when making hundreds of thousands of items.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Anyway, I love the uniqueness of my Rhodesian cammies so much that I hope you don't find any! (half-heartedly...)
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Cool link http://members.tripod.com/~Rhodesian/pix2.html

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts