mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

As to use on mags... yeah, So? Again, it's the flow that would be the issue. This is not a primary reg. Never was meant to be one. On a pnue-mag the rock is used (again) with low pressure hose to work a very small ram that trips the sear.. very very quickly. It does not regulate the pressure between the tank and the valve on the gun.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
My response was not in regards to the original poster, but to nerdcore. I should have quoted him in that regard for clarity. I was stating that Rocks are built well enough to take input pressure that a tank would output, nothing more. This info, admittedly, is not particularly useful to the OP. It was merely an observation on a comment within the thread.

Apologies if that created confusion.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Ah I see said the blind man.

Yes.. I agree. I would not run them at that pressure long term, just because it shortens the service life.

E
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ok, so they aren't quick enough. To bad. However, a normal reg does not suit my needs either. I need a 10-32 output and a 1/8 npt input. With a normal reg I would need to get a threaded cap and tap it for 10-32 like Warcowboy does for his p-90 mods. This just makes the whole thing bigger, and I need smaller. Thanks to everyone for the information!
daedrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

It's not about recharge rate... it's about flow. You said you needed a primary reg. This would not be able to put out the volume you need to propel a ball. It would be able to make rams and such (pnuematics) for cycling the gun function, but again it would not be able to have the volumetric flow rate needed for shooting the ball. If you wanted to slowly fill a BIG dump chamber to shoot a ball everyonce in a while, maybe.. but not in a semi auto.

E
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

You may want to look into a direct stabilizer or an inline stabilizer. Both have 1/8 NPT input threads. You would have to get an adapter to go from 1/8 NPT to 10-32. Palmer's sells those so you won't have to worry about finding a new source.

They also have a couple other LPR options. One is the Boulder which is a combination of an inline stab and a rock. It has a pressure relief valve. The other is the Pebble which is a fatter version of the Micro Rock. It also has a pressure relief valve. Both are originally designed for industrial applications, but you might be able to make one of them work for your project.

If you give us a little more information about exactly what it is you are trying to do we could give you more direction. I know sometimes people like to keep projects hush hush until they are unveiled, but that can also hinder from getting help.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

No big secret, just kind of hard to put into words. I'm taking a mech Ion and making a "pistol." Basically I am modifying the grip, getting rid of where the regulator normally sits and side mounting it so the marker can be holstered. The banjo that normally attaches to the front of the grip will need to go directly into the reg. I am also putting a 12 gram changer in the grip and using hardline (or maybe copper fittings) to run to the regulator. I would draw you a picture, but I doubt anyone would be able to tell whether it was a paintball marker or something inappropriate.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I still think trying to use an LPR is going to restrict your flow too much. If you are side mounting a new reg, see if the Sideline will work:

Sideline Stabilizer [PPSP012] - $75.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

E
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've already ruled out the LPR based on what you said. Thanks for the advise on that. The sideline could work using an adapter on the output.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts