mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Punkworks. They said it wasnt a huge difference but i.dunno i personaly think every little bit counts
Can you identify where/when they stated this?

This is a literal quote from Aug. 2009:

"So, if I had to guess what the most consistent barrel was - it would be a barrel with between 6 and 12" of underbored control bore with between 2 and 4" of overbored, ported end after that."

I don't think he ever said 'one-piece > two-piece'. The problem with most two-pieces is that the control bores are usually short so, the only way you could get close to the middle of the road (9") control bore at the time was via a one-piece barrel.

Interestingly enough, the Numech GnB Underbore kit, Empire Sniper Barrel Kit, LAPCO Fuse kit, all feature longer than historically normal control bores, that can be (or are) directly attributable to Punkworks testing.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet
 
tomdabmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, Mass.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
I'm not convinced of the value/durability of a DW barrel. Only get one if you really need the weight reduction. Normal freak is cheaper.
Why? Ever seen one break. Best investment I have made.
__________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/noftlephotography/

Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Can you identify where/when they stated this?

This is a literal quote from Aug. 2009:

"So, if I had to guess what the most consistent barrel was - it would be a barrel with between 6 and 12" of underbored control bore with between 2 and 4" of overbored, ported end after that."

I don't think he ever said 'one-piece > two-piece'. The problem with most two-pieces is that the control bores are usually short so, the only way you could get close to the middle of the road (9") control bore at the time was via a one-piece barrel.

Interestingly enough, the Numech GnB Underbore kit, Empire Sniper Barrel Kit, LAPCO Fuse kit, all feature longer than historically normal control bores, that can be (or are) directly attributable to Punkworks testing.
Thats.true i may have been reading too much into it and miss quoting my ibterpretation as his words. At the time when i had baught my eigenbarrel those 3 kits did not exsist i dont think. The flasc is another good choice. My issue with kits though is chances are your going to use the tightest bore.back you have so why get the kit at all unless you have mtiple markers
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Was looking up that nummich barrel causr id never heard of it. I dig it but the smallest back is .680 whichis just barely underbore IMO however the both the super freak and sniper kit go down from .680 to .675 both very strong options. I thkbk flasc has .678 or .679 as the smallest? Cant remember
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jaccen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SW Ontario

AKA Fan
Flasc's smallest, as per their store website, is .678 and he prefers selling overbore (ie. .690) barrels from talking with him.

That being said, he has a 'cocker control kit on clearance:

Control bore set only - Flasc Paintball!

Quote:
Brand: Flasc Paintball
Bore Size: .681/.684/.687/.690/.693
Control Bore Length: 9"
Pretty good price.
__________________
MCB Feedback
Please ship to me using US Postal Service when shipping to Canada.
Don't ship to Canada? No worries--I can work it out with you: US Parcel Pickup

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Glad you mentioned Flasc, I accidentally left them off my list
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
I play pump so I prefer to only slightly underbore. i.e. the blow through test. This test prevents rollouts and it keeps the pump stroke smooth. I had times where I underbored too much(.005 smaller) and the pump stroke become very rough. Due to the lack of choice of bores with the Eigen Barrel I am sticking with my Freak.

If I played Electros exclusively I would look into an Eigen Barrel
__________________
"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Active Member
 
randomness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gainesville, FL

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
I play pump so I prefer to only slightly underbore. i.e. the blow through test. This test prevents rollouts and it keeps the pump stroke smooth. I had times where I underbored too much(.005 smaller) and the pump stroke become very rough. Due to the lack of choice of bores with the Eigen Barrel I am sticking with my Freak.

If I played Electros exclusively I would look into an Eigen Barrel
This is the first time I have heard a correlation between pump stroke and bore... Might I ask how this is related? (I thought pump stroke was related to the way your internals were sprung...)
__________________
My MCB Feedback | My Ebay Feedback
randomness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

I play pump with it . I just had a delrin bushing made for the pump handle
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
Why?
I own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
Ever seen one break.
I don't have to see one "break" to question the durability.

There is an unusual wear pattern developing on the inside of my DW barrel, and it has not been abused in any way.

Other people using CF barrels have seen similar things.

The material is rigid and very light, but not very durable against scuffs and scratches. There may be a chemical solvency issue as well.

In other words, not worth the expense unless you really need the weight reduction. Or you just like throwing money around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
Best investment I have made.
I actually believe you.



That Flasc control bore kit is a good deal. I might have to pick one up myself...
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC