mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

Just to clear the air.

It is a 2002 Gun metal grey Dye Reflex Autococker.

It looks to have been maintained, to a degree. It is difficult to determine scratches without a close inspection. But those of us that appreciate the original Reflex Cocker line forgive a lot as they are a sturdy gun.

It is missing the ram so that is an issue, But I have seen a few pop up on the block on occasion. The HPR that year was the Dye Hyper 1 Regulator. Those are difficult to find and restore so I do not consider that a hit. Having said that a Dye Hyper 2 (released a year later) would add to the appeal. Lastly the Beaver tail is missing. The curved beavertails are near impossible to find as they are of value. That would bring up the value almost $50. By curved, I refer to the end that matches the back end of the trigger frame. There are many that are cut straight and they are okay.

The solid colors (aka 2002) are trading between 200 and 300. The completeness is the issue. So If I was offering, as I cannot determine the internals, nor can I see the surface up close, and the missing ram and HPR I would start my offer at $175. That would be IF I was offering.

If you want the other amounts. plan on a longer sale cycle. Probably having to do multiple listings.
Frgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I would set my asking price at $250 for this one. $225 is a realistic sale price. The demand for these is way down lately and there have been a lot on the market.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
www.ArmoryPaintball.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Dust battleship grey is a more sought after color. You're missing the original beavertail, ram, reg (but nobody wants a hyper 1).

As long as it works flawelessly, $300-$400 depending on buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I would set my asking price at $250 for this one. $225 is a realistic sale price. The demand for these is way down lately and there have been a lot on the market.
I've only seen one other in this color. Most are fades. If the cosmetic condition is really as good as it looks then low $300's is very realistic.

As stated, a dye STD beavertail would bring up the value. Try and find one in gloss black, that's not impossible.
foidpoosening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It's not a reflex, it's a dye cocker look at any advertisement, pbreview, etc. it's a dye cocker. Only the rounded windowed body is a reflex
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foidpoosening View Post
Dust battleship grey is a more sought after color. You're missing the original beavertail, ram, reg (but nobody wants a hyper 1).

As long as it works flawelessly, $300-$400 depending on buyer.

I've only seen one other in this color. Most are fades. If the cosmetic condition is really as good as it looks then low $300's is very realistic.

As stated, a dye STD beavertail would bring up the value. Try and find one in gloss black, that's not impossible.

heh heh, quite true about the Hyper 1. I think I am the only one looking for those. I've been paying top dollar when I do find one and I am doing a lot of work restoring.

Minor correction (for others) The color was specifically named 'Gun Metal Grey'. I was one of the early buyers when they first arrived. The very first ones had DYE LPR's that were of a different design then the bullet style that didn't make it out till several months later. Even the Hyper-1 regs were unavailable the first six months. I had to buy mine much later after I bought my gun.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgood View Post
Minor correction (for others) The color was specifically named 'Gun Metal Grey'. I was one of the early buyers when they first arrived. The very first ones had DYE LPR's that were of a different design then the bullet style that didn't make it out till several months later. Even the Hyper-1 regs were unavailable the first six months. I had to buy mine much later after I bought my gun.
socalpumpballer you have been corrected already and PBreview is mostly user submitted pictures and reviews so dont always believe what you see on there. Yes Frgood you are right and to further clear the air here are some pics to prove it to include the non-bullet LPR your talking about

A DYE Cocker

My 2002 DYE Reflex initial release bought brand new notice the same LPR as the Dye cocker above this is how the first 6 month run of Reflex's came no hyper1 no bullet LPR but it did have a sliver bevertail that I took off when this was taken (wasnt fond of it till I found out it made such a big difference in value)

And this is basically the final way they came from Dye but with or without windows
Old 07-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thx for the history lesson, Irish... That last version reflex is just outstanding
Carapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

These is the 2002 line up as best as I can tell. (at least this was the advertised line up. Actual availability was 'shaky' the first year.

The 2004 line-up is here (note the holes and the matte finishes.)

I have not had any luck locating images of the 2003 line. So if anyone has one or any old magazine ads I wold greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It was never advertised as a reflex, its a dye cocker. No one has provided any proof otherwise. Selling it as a reflex would be completely misleading and i refuse to allow false information to be passed off as fact. I'll try to dig my old apg and find the ad.

Last edited by socalpumpballer; 07-02-2012 at 09:05 PM.
socalpumpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Future Robocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpumpballer View Post
The 02 was never advertised as a reflex, its a dye cocker. No one has provided any proof otherwise. Selling it as a reflex would be completely misleading and i refuse to allow false information to be passed off as fact. I'll dig my old apg and find the ad.

I was under this assumption as well. The 2002 is a dye cocker, never called a reflex. Yes, it is incredibly similar to a reflex, but it was never called one. Then again, I don't know too much about them, but from the numerous amounts of people who told me this was the case when I listed mine, I'm inclined to believe it.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts