mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

12 grams vs CO2 on remote (pistols)

Hey there I've been running 12 grams on my tpx and t8.1 but am interested in getting adapters and remotes for both. I would be running these with a ninja straight line remote and a 4oz co2 tank.

If I ever switched from one method to the either would I have to ever adjust the velocity once I have found a fps I like? Since the source is the same (co2) does the added remote line decrease velocity vs a 12 gram? Thanks a lot guys
TEAM FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I typed then thought. In most guns, yes, you should rechrono. but for the TPX, it has an internal regulator. in a normal gun, the 12gram offers more pressure I believe, so in theory you would have to turn up the velocity of the marker.

HEHEH, i guess you will be our guinea pig
Ziggymarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
all work

Both of your pistols are regulated and liquid CO2(liquids being largely incompressible) has the same pressure regardless of the size of vessel in which it is contained. So no, you should not have to adjust anything.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Do it anyways, why risk it?

My Sniper shoots between 250-260fps almost dead on, and has done that with absolutely NO adjustments for about two years. But i still Chrono every time i go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Short answer is no, you shouldn't have to adjust it but you should anyways for safety sake. Always chrono if you've done anything different to the gun, disassembled it, or even if the temperature or paint is different. Really you need to chrono any time you hit the field just to be sure.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

when you change something on your gun, chrono it.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I think the question was not should I chrono it or not, because that is a given that you should. I think what he was looking for was more will it actually need adjusting or will the 2 different source yield similar results.

MCB Feedback
Malafanango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
all work

For the record I wasn't trying to talk him out of a chrono test, just explaining why it wouldn't matter whether his CO2 was in a 12g or a liquid carbonics truck trailer.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts