mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
The bps is mostly a function of the input pressure. You'll need to add a shim to the ninja to get the pressure up.

Most definitely! And if you call and talk to Ninja, you can buy a spring for the reg specifically made for the Automag level pressures (950 -1100 I believe).

You're about to upgrade your mag to levels you never knew existed!

I know a lot of people here are saying buy a used X-valve, but if you have the option to buy new do it instead. I've owned multiple of just about every mag flavor our there over the last 15 years. Some people may disaree with me here, but if there's one thing I've learned its that each mag valve has its own personality. The reason I say buy new is beacuse you really don't know what the previous person has done to the valve or how they've maintained it. The only way I'd buy a used one is from someone that owns several mags and know x-valves well. I would hope other mag hoarders would agree with me on this.

As for the hopper, any modern high dollar speed loader will work. Just pick which one you like the best. I always used a halo with no problem and borrowed my firends rotor from time to time. The moral of the story with loaders is you get what you pay for. You're about to dramatically increase your potential bps, might as well have a top of the line hopper to keep your hungry mag fed.

Regarding your intelliframe question. The RT effect is sweet and easily achieveable even with a single finger trigger if youre running the right input pressure (mine like 900-950). That frame you have is sweet! don't get rid of it!

As for additional items.
Are you considering getting a ULT kit? They're nice, but you lose a lot of RT ability. Though I love the UTL kit, I suggest you NOT buy it until you've gotten used to your stock trigger. If you don't care about RT then get the ULT and rip away!

If you're into RT I suggest buying 2 extra valve pins and shave them down to different lengths as you become more familiar with the x-valve so you get an even sweeter RT effect.

Tuning your lvl 10 bolt can be quite fun, but is a tedious process. Its easy to setup and get going, but if you really want to tweak it to your valve's personality it'll take some time.

ULT kit is the same way with the fine tuning. Its easy to setup, but if you really want it ripping exactly the way you like to it'll take some time.

anyway I'm rambling now. PM me here or on AO (the mag guy) if you ever need assistance with your mag
Old 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
mag shooter

i would not recommend shaving the on/off pin it increases bolt and sear wear

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
i would not recommend shaving the on/off pin it increases bolt and sear wear
If you do it wrong you will get damage. I ran a shaved pin in my x valve and my original RT for years without a problem. You just have to be careful and only attempt it if you know what you're doing. I'd say it's a project for a tinkerer or anyone obsessed with RT.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Thanks for all the advice, everyone! I've even had a couple people message me with X Valve offers. I think I'm going to enjoy upgrading my gun, tank, and hopper.

My feedback
Cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Welcome to the sickness

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts