mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ninja Reg question

I have a few Ninja regs that came on 3000 psi bottles. Is there any difference aside from the HP burst disc between the 4500 PSI units and the 3000 PSI units? I basically need to know if I can use the 3000 PSI units for parts or use them on 4500 PSI tanks if I swap out the burst discs.

Looking at the Ninja website I only see the burst disc as being different between the two units but I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

From what I heard a while back 3000psi regs internals are rated for 3000psi and can't be used on 4500psi tanks. Although, 4500psi regs and internals can be used on 3000psi tanks and regs. I guess you could use 3000 psi reg parts on 4500 psi regs but I don't think you would be able to safely fill it up to 4500 psi and would have to fill it to 3000psi. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Also 4500 tanks need 7.5k burst disks and 3000 regs need 5k burst disks so those are not interchangeable.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Here's my feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Honestly, you are best to contact Ninja themselves about this. But I think that I have seen it said that you should not use a 3000 PSI reg and up the burst disk and use it on a 4500 bottle. But, oddly enough, when I was at PSI a few years back, I can't say that I remember seeing a specific 3000 and 4500 work bench area. I personally think that they use the same piston, the same springs, same shims, and so on, just the difference between the two regs is that one body has 3000 on it, the other has 4500 on it, and they have the corresponding burst disks.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Please don't try this, its not a 1 part difference. I'm sure some parts are interchangeable, but if it was that eas everybody else would have already done it and saved the $$. In my opinion if you want 4500, buy a 4500 psi tank. If you're trying to save some cash get the 3000.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballer View Post
Please don't try this, its not a 1 part difference. I'm sure some parts are interchangeable, but if it was that eas everybody else would have already done it and saved the $$. In my opinion if you want 4500, buy a 4500 psi tank. If you're trying to save some cash get the 3000.
The price for the 3000 PSI regulator is exactly the same as the price for the 4500 PSI regulator. There is no money to be saved there, so there is no reason for the average player to want to do this. I am not planning on putting 4500 PSI into 3000 PSI bottles. I was just going to transfer my Ninja regulators over to my 4500 PSI bottles that are still in hydro instead of buying new 3000 PSI bottles. I have contacted Ninja about this and will let you know what they come back with.
Feedback
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballer View Post
They use the exact same piston, springs, washers, and other parts. If there is any difference, it is that the 4500 reg is thicker than the 3000 reg. But I have not seen that. So what is the difference?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I got in touch with "Rob @ Ninja" on PBN and he says all of the parts aside from the burst disk are interchangeable but they never recommend doing this.
Feedback
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I got in touch with "Rob @ Ninja" on PBN and he says all of the parts aside from the burst disk are interchangeable but they never recommend doing this.
Oh? Oh...
Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Aside from their liability, the reg will always be marked for the 3k burst disk. If you eventually sell the bottle, no one wants to be involved when the next guy puts the 3k reg on a 3k bottle with the 4.5k burst disk in it.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I'm surprised he said that. In the interest of protecting themselves of liability, companies will state that they are not compatible. Telling people 'you can, but you shouldn't' tends to come back and bite you.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts