mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Soft laptop cases, and individual Rubbermaid totes. I have 2 totes, one for each set up, and keep the markers in the cases. Hard outer shell with the capability of locking, and I can throw whatever I want in there rather than have set pockets for each little thing. I keep 2 separate small bins for all the stuff I need for each gun. Works great.

Example:
1. Phantom set-up
- small bin for parts kit, tubes, oil, loctite
- freak kit
- laptop case with phantom inside
- 2 3.5 ozs
- Maxwell House coffee can for paint
- shotgun belt

2. Tiberius set-up
- small bin for parts kit, oil, loctite, 12ies
- Freak kit
- stock case for gun, or again use the laptop case
- Maxwell House can for paint

Either of these set ups can be loaded (minus the mask) in I believe the smallest Rubbermaid tote out there. I still have room for my pants/jersey, as well as a towel, garbage bag, and some food/drinks. And you can pick it one up for about $8. I've had one that's lasted me for going on 3 seasons, playing almost every weekend.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Send a message via AIM to Ghost334

Well see I've got a small duffle bag now for most of my gear, a small tool box with tools and paint, a marker bag with my gun/stock/extra barrel, but don't have a place for my mask. So there's 3 things plus a mask, not including my cooler and lunchbox... yeah it's quite a cumbersome load. I need to get it all in one package, even though I don't have much gear. I'm going to start travelling again soon, anyway, so I really need to consolidate. The GXG Tactical Backpack really has my eye, but I want to see one in person first.
Ghost334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I just use a laptop bag that came with dividers. Comfortably holds 4 markers. Bought it and others for $3 apiece at goodwill.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Or you could just do what I did. Quit taking so much stuff to the field. I went from taking 2 CCMs with a full blown parts kit, a full change of clothes, cooler, and a few other things to the field to that single tote and a mask. I can load my car in one trip, and have everything I need for the day of play.

Honestly ask yourself what you don't really use, and get it down the essentials. But if you insist on carrying everything you own, then I would still recommend the totes, just a larger size. I think the most expensive one I saw was $20. So you'd be at around $30 for something that's not going to tear, wear out (as quickly as fabric at least), and you can hose out at the end of the day.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
When I played modified stockclass, I could fit everything in a small carry on suitcase.

On the days I play light, I use a Empire Heater backpack (KP and R7, 2x KPs, Phantom and Kp, etc)

and on the days I need more gear, I have a large Empire Rolling bag.

It all really depends on how much crap you're packing and how much you want to lug around.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I have this bag

and it's coming apart at the zipper on both ends, and the built in barrel sleeves on the top flap isn't long enough for my 16" DW barrel.

I'd recommend against the GXG gear bags personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Non paintball bags are going to cheaper and longer lasting. Though you lose paintball oriented pockets. I got my samsonite rolling duffel at costco for $50.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Go to JT paintball parts.com and look in their gear bag section. I snagged a very nice bnib '09 Empire rolling gear bag for under $65 shipped, the bag retailed for close to $100+ brand new when first released. The bag was listed for $45~ or so and the shipping is what made the price expensive but still a hell of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_i_s_c_u_i_t View Post
I have this bag http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...ne/images1.jpg

and it's coming apart at the zipper on both ends, and the built in barrel sleeves on the top flap isn't long enough for my 16" DW barrel.

I'd recommend against the GXG gear bags personally.
These GXG bags are nearly identical to the older Redz versions. Which, incidentally, also have the same problem. I've had 4 of them (2 Redz, 2 GxG), and it really is hit or miss whether they will develop the zipper rip problem at the corners, or not.

That said, they are a convenient size (without being overly large) for holding 2 markers, a tank, other miscellaneous stuff, and a loop attaching a goggle bag.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
Really? My buddy still has his. Even has the chair that came with it. Where did yours start coming apart? I'll have to keep checking it.
The side pockets, the stitching on the bottoms completely fell apart. If I put anything in the side pockets, they just fall out and end up in the large bottom compartement. Both zippers broke within a few weeks of getting it, which a zip tie fized that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts