mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Ninja reg quesions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/209630-ninja-reg-quesions.html)

James_Blond 07-30-2012 09:27 PM

Ninja reg quesions

Tank one: Ninja 45/45
Problem: fill nipple wouldn't reseal when I tried filling it on saturday. I took it off completely and the assembly looks fine (o-ring is dry, but not damaged). The o-ring pops in and out of place with minimal pressure. It worked 3 weeks ago just fine. The only change since then was screwing the nipple in further because it had a small leak around the threads. Could screwing it in too far have been a problem?

Tank two: pe 68/45 w/ 1000psi output ninja reg w/ dual o-rings at the top.
Problem one: the pin at the top sticks a mm or so past the top of the reg. This causes the tank air to flow before getting the tank on all the way. Can this be adjusted without filing the pin down? It worked fine, but last night I aired a gun using a sp quick on/off and upon unscrewing the tank the pin was stuck and didn't unstick until I lost about 500psi. I'm guessing the pin being too long, forced it to far back and it got stuck?

Problem two: man the front oring gets chewed almost every time I put it on a gun.

any help or suggestions?

I plan on getting one or two replacement nipples just in case, but wanted to know if I had caused the problem or not.

No Mercy Ever 07-31-2012 01:43 PM

Tank 1: You should use a silicone based lube on the fill nipple o-ring. It may be as simple as needing to be lubed. If that is the case, as you can find more than enough of the warnings out there, don't use a petroleum based lube, use a silicone based one.

Tank 2: You may have to speak directly with Ninja about the pin. I am sure that they will take care of you perfectly. Does seem as if the pin is too long, and you are probably using standard ASA, not an on/off or purging on/off ASA.

As to the second problem, check your ASA for crap on the threads. Like burrs or the like. If the top ring is getting chewed up, and the second one isn't, then the burrs, dirt, or whatever are closer to the pin in the ASA than part that you first put your tank into. Or, as I said previously, you are using a standard ASA, not an on/off or purging on/off ASA, and as a result of the air pressure, it is grinding and chewing up your o-ring as you are unscrewing the tank.

James_Blond 07-31-2012 03:44 PM

hmm. Got any suggestions for silicon based lube? I have slick honey and palmer's synthetic oil.

2. I'll give Ninja a call tomorrow. I was using standard asa with the normal bleed hole. The time the pin got stuck it was on a quick on/off, but the on/off pin doesn't move in this particular design.

I did manage to get the tank on and off again last night without shredding the o-ring so I guess maybe I just didn't line it up carefully enough when screwing it on and the it got pressed into the threads a bit. However, I'll check the threads tonight and see if I find anything. I usually try to shoot out the excess air in the gun as I unscrew, but the longer pin is making that more difficult to do before the bleed hole starts venting.

No Mercy Ever 07-31-2012 04:14 PM

I believe that DOW 22 and 55 are both silicone based. I know that Chemplex 720 is, as that is what GA recommends, probably Magnalube as well.

The Flounder 07-31-2012 04:49 PM

Slick Honey is petroleum based DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR AIR SYSTEM

James_Blond 07-31-2012 04:50 PM

^ got it thanks. I'll see what ninja recommends tomorrow.