mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

I used to run remote co2 and never had any issues. before I used a remote, I had a few problems, generally if you are having a co2 related issue holding the trigger will work wonders, it might leak a bit if there is liquid in the gun, but it should let your o-rings heat up again and return to their more normal shape.

Also I reccomend checking your o-ring and powertube spacer (Or spring if you have one) and making sure those are not causing the problem.
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I run remote C02 on mine with no expansion chamber, and the only problem I have is after letting loose a long string of balls, I'll get an occasional burp and 1 or 2 balls will only get 3 or 4 feet out of my barrel. I need let it "rest" for a few seconds, and then it shoots fine again.
I used to get the exact same problem with a Desert Fox I traded recently, however. After a few shots, the bolt would stick and air would start blowing down the barrel. After I broke it down and lubed everything, it mostly stopped doing that, unless I really put the hammer down. I think it just needed to be broken in, however, as I bought it brand new and never used it much. You may want to just try breaking down the mag, cleaning it thoroughly, and lubing the appropriate O-rings.
brerlapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

And for those wondering about the relevance of my Fox story, Foxes are blow forwards and very similar in design to a mag. Probably not necessary to clarify that for most of you, but I know that the Fox isn't as widespread a marker as it deserved to be.
brerlapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Using a liberal amount of oil might help a bit too.
It seems to help o-rings deal with liquid CO2 a bit better.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
I've owned a few Mags but I've had HPA for most of my paintball "career", it was never a problem for me, but I have heard that alot of good can come from using the Palmer's Stabalizer to control your CO2 better.

Other than that your pretty much stuck with the standard CO2 solutions (remote or anti-siphon, angled bottomlines, etc.). I was never a huge fan of expansion chambers, I've always seen them as more of a gimmick. Give me a good reg!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

tested this paintball marker this past weekend using the remote line

I tested this paintball marker this past weekend using the remote line. It seemed to work great. I had one lock forward when I first tested it, but afterwards no problem. I also have a siphon/ anti siphon tank that was part of a tippmann 68 special; so I can test that in the future.

I also compared this paint ball marker to an early model Tippmann 98 ...................... it works much better from what I could see. However, the Tippmann possibly needed a velocity adjustment.

Thanks for all the advice.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I also have a siphon/ anti siphon tank that was part of a tippmann 68 special; so I can test that in the future.
If it's a siphon tank DON'T use it on the mag. If it's an anti-siphon tank then it will help on the mag BUT not on your remote and make sure the siphon is oriented up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts