mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

problem with an automag on Co2

I am having a problem with an automag on Co2 . Shortly into a game the bolt seems to freeze or jam into a forward position. I'm wondering if anybody had similar problems. I'm also guessing this has to do with using Co2. This marker is a basic design as pictured.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.

Last edited by bond commander bond; 08-19-2007 at 10:59 PM.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

You're freezing up the power tube o-ring and causing bolt stick. Try running the bottle vertically, or through a remote line to limit the amount of liquid getting to the gun. The best way to solve it of course is to shoot slower, or if you want to lay heavy on the trigger switch to HPA.

I use a Mag with CO2 but I also run it with a 50 round hopper on it and vertical 3.5oz tank. I'm selective with my shots and it works fantastic.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I ran my classic for years on CO2 with a bottom line and expansion chamber. The tank had anti syphon in it. Try anti-syphon first, that's a cheap thing. Also, an old timers trick was to loop a long air hose a couple of times around from the vertical to the valve as sort of a ghetto expansion chamber. So, you could get it running well on CO2 for like $15.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I tried everything from regs, expansion chambers, coiled remotes, vertical mount, anti siphon etc on mine back in the day and the only cure was high pressure. I noticed a world of difference. If it was me I would save myself the headache and buy a cheap used 48/3000
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
smells good!

HPA is the way to go; i picked up a CP 68/45 and never thought about shoot-down again
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I tried everything from regs, expansion chambers, coiled remotes, vertical mount, anti siphon etc on mine back in the day and the only cure was high pressure. I noticed a world of difference. If it was me I would save myself the headache and buy a cheap used 48/3000

And if you go to HPA is there any reason to leave the forward expansion on the marker? I notice many people leave them there................................ I assume is a foreword grip.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

"Anti-Siphon Tank" Learn it, live it love it. It's a must have for Classic Mags.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond commander bond View Post
And if you go to HPA is there any reason to leave the forward expansion on the marker? I notice many people leave them there................................ I assume is a foreword grip.
Pretty much a foregrip at that point. But if you switch I'd leave the lines as they are. It's a little cleaner than a big U shape on one side.

Or if you find that the big fat watermelon of a bottle gets in the way you could find or make a small drop with no forward and run the line up through the grip frame like I did. With the tank sitting a little low like this I can line up the back of the body with the bridge of my nose for sighting down either side of the barrel like I prefer. And it also has the advantage of getting the fatness of the tank away from my wrist so I can hold the trigger frame in a more natural position.

Yeah, it's a bit blocky but I haven't got back to dressing it up yet. Did what you see here in a couple of hours so I could play with it the next day. Given the positions of the stuff gouging out some ditches in the frame and grips for the macro line seemed like perfect sense at the time.

I also want to make up a nice hardwood foregrip or horizontal rifle like grip. My left hand sort of dangles witout a purpose now and I know it'll hold things steadier if I can use my left hand more effectively.

clicky to make biggy.

miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Psycho

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Probably not an issue with your set up but I had the same problem with my MicroMag. Only thing that fixed it was backing the screws in the detent out a little. Not sure since yours has a twist lock body if that helps or not.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

One other small thing to check

Check the wire nubbin on the barrel. I had one have the tip break off and get bent upwards and get jammed between the bolt and the inside of the barrel. Wasent exactly the most obvious problem, but it caused the same effect on the bolt.
hostiletek is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts