mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Hey Honcho

I saw on reddit that you want it restored and you said you contacted the original company in LA. Do you mean Earon Carter of Carter Machine? If it is him, he is in San Diego and not in LA.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Hi Honcho!

Did you find a couple of threads in the Carter Machine section about DD68s and Ducks yet?
If not, here are a couple of links:

Ducks and Kamikaze DD68 picture/history thread!
That one has a bunch of info on the history.

Carter Duck
There is a ton of discussion about ducks here, and some chatter when some have been up for sale before.

Left Feed Desert Ducks
Here is some info on left feed ducks, as well as a bunch of pictures.

Ducks / Reduxs
More on Ducks, with talk about Redux by Mongo thrown in there. Comparisons etc.

I REALLY hope you end up holding on to yours. Early Loo Ducks are hard to come by, and to have family history tied in... wow. They are just awesome guns, and a lot of fun to play with too.
I have a Carter Duck, as well as a Loo DD68 (with slam changer). Both are direct feeds, I love your stock class DD. I love mine. No idea how to explain it out exactly, they are super fun to play with.

Definitely get in contact with Earon Carter, like PK5 mentioned, if you want it given a once over. I'm sure he will.

The other Sheridan you have in the picture is cool too. Old Sheridans are another of my favorites. You are lucky to have some sweet old guns like that!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

I knew it was valuable or I would not have kept it for so long. It's also why I don't have any intentions of selling it at this time. I do want to get it looked over though and most people are too scared to touch it. I open the case in a paintball shop and you would think they saw a ghost. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Glad you made it over here from reddit. Told you it was valuable.
HonchoMcDucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
Hi Honcho!

Did you find a couple of threads in the Carter Machine section about DD68s and Ducks yet?
If not, here are a couple of links:

Ducks and Kamikaze DD68 picture/history thread!
That one has a bunch of info on the history.

Carter Duck
There is a ton of discussion about ducks here, and some chatter when some have been up for sale before.

Left Feed Desert Ducks
Here is some info on left feed ducks, as well as a bunch of pictures.

Ducks / Reduxs
More on Ducks, with talk about Redux by Mongo thrown in there. Comparisons etc.

I REALLY hope you end up holding on to yours. Early Loo Ducks are hard to come by, and to have family history tied in... wow. They are just awesome guns, and a lot of fun to play with too.
I have a Carter Duck, as well as a Loo DD68 (with slam changer). Both are direct feeds, I love your stock class DD. I love mine. No idea how to explain it out exactly, they are super fun to play with.

Definitely get in contact with Earon Carter, like PK5 mentioned, if you want it given a once over. I'm sure he will.

The other Sheridan you have in the picture is cool too. Old Sheridans are another of my favorites. You are lucky to have some sweet old guns like that!
HonchoMcDucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I read in the Reddit post that your father past away.

Do
Not
Sell!!

Seriously! I have a Loo/ Carter Hybrid left feed and it will go to my son (he's only 6 months old, but I don't think his older sisters care about paintball).

Read up on the threads Lis posted and enjoy some of the history of that gun and the game. You may not be a paintballer, but I'm sure you loved your father and miss him. He was a paintballer, and I'm sure a serious one if he had a Desert Duck built. Take lots of pics for us, then put it somewhere you can look at it, enjoy it and remember your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonchoMcDucket View Post
I knew it was valuable or I would not have kept it for so long. It's also why I don't have any intentions of selling it at this time. I do want to get it looked over though and most people are too scared to touch it. I open the case in a paintball shop and you would think they saw a ghost. Haha
That must be so much fun to see the look on their faces!
I wouldn't be too shocked if all it needs is new orings too. They are solid guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonchoMcDucket View Post
Thanks for the info!
My pleasure, I'm just glad to help point you in the right direction. Thank you for sharing your pictures with all of us. It's cool to see the truly rare pieces that crop up from time to time.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Honcho where are you located? A duck is not that hard to disassemble or assemble for that matter.

Send me a PM if you want Earon Carter to take a look at the gun.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

i seriously doubt that gun needs to be shipped anywhere. i would not take the chance of it getting lost or stolen in the mail. those guns are so simple that we on this site can walk you through anything that needs to be done to it. just take it apart and post pics. make sure you have the right tools that fit the heads of the screws correctly so you don't mangle or strip out the heads and just be cautious about scratching the finish. if you get stuck or have a question just post on here and show a pic. lots of help on here that won't steer you wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
i seriously doubt that gun needs to be shipped anywhere. i would not take the chance of it getting lost or stolen in the mail. those guns are so simple that we on this site can walk you through anything that needs to be done to it. just take it apart and post pics. make sure you have the right tools that fit the heads of the screws correctly so you don't mangle or strip out the heads and just be cautious about scratching the finish. if you get stuck or have a question just post on here and show a pic. lots of help on here that won't steer you wrong.
What he said too, duck are easy to take apart and tunes. You can always get a matching frame though.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

after reading this: "He died (my dad) in 2008 and it's pretty much the only thing I have of his" i feel for you. sorry for your loss.
don't ever sell it...

but if you must, sell it here on MCB with a gentlemen's agreement.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts