mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Help! 2005 Eclipse E-Blade Low Chrono

Hey Cocker Gurus
!
The last marker I bought before retiring the sport years ago was an Eclipse E-Blade Cocker (2005, I think). I'm getting back into it and have ordered a Pooty Luxe but won't get it for another couple weeks. In the meantime, I'm trying to still play but cannot, for the life of me, make this gun function properly.

TLDR - My cocker won't shoot over 100fps. There just isn't much air coming out of the bolt. Please help!

Long Version: I bought it and it worked well enough out of box. Honestly, my 2001 Impulse worked better... I put a few upgrades on it (new bolt, new cocking rod chamber thingy in the front, those pro-series exhaust boxes) and the more I used it, the more finicky it became. Eventually, I'd walk onto the field unable to get it to shoot higher than 250fps or so. Eventually, I got so frustrated with the marker, that it was one of the reasons I quit paintball. I was fruitlessly screwing with the gun more than I was playing. I put it away for 7-8 years and didn't touch it once.
Fast-forward 7-8 years and I take it out, gas it up and it shoots ropes. On chrono it was in the low 280s and consistent. I went to play paintball a week later (hadn't adjusted the marker at all) and now I can't get it to shoot any faster than me actually throwing the paintball with my hand.
I've turned the reg up. I've turned it down. I've messed with the LPR. I've taken it entirely apart and cleaned it. I don't know what else to do. There just isn't enough air coming out of the bolt. I can stick my finger down the barrel and fire and it doesn't hurt! Strangely, there is a LOT of air coming out of the exhaust boxes on the cocking rod housing in the front. Sorry, I don't know what these parts are called. I'm going to sell it once the Luxe arrives but I'd like to have it working for whoever buys it. Any help is appreciated!
renba7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Have you put a new battery in it?
98ssuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yessir. It "fires" fine. I can put paint through it and dry fire for ages. It's just so slow.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Does it have a mq valve?
98ssuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't know what that is so I google image searched it. From what I see, no. The valve on it is stock. Whatever Eclipse was putting in their V1 Eblades is what it has.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Random Lurker

Check to make sure the hole in the bolt is facing down when you put the bolt into the gun.
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Roger that. She's facing downward.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Lol, the bolts not upside down is it? Because I have seen that a few times. If you left it cocked while in storage you may have squished the main spring and you might need a replacement.

To start troubleshooting, turn the velocity adjuster in the back about half way in. Then adjust the reg all the way down till its under say 200psi or it chokes. Slowly turn it up and fire a few shots untill the speed comes up. If it doesn't really come up make sure the bolts facing the right way if its a one hole bolt or replace the main spring because its probably shot. If you are up for it you can take the lower tube internals out and make sure they are smooth and not covered in gunk and slowing the firing cycle down. If theres enough friction down there from old paint or bad oil/oring/etc then that could cause the problems you are having, this is an issue normally encountered with blowbacks but it could be whats going on here.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Velocity adjuster in the back...this sounds like exactly what I need! What/where is that?
See, I really have no business owning a cocker...
Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Remove the cocking knob at the back of the gun, its just under the bolt. It should be brass and a 3/16 allen key is used to adjust it, turn it clockwise to up the velocity.

The upper tube is where the bolt/paint goes, the lower tube houses the valve, hammer, springs and adjuster.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts