mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

E-Bay questions

I don't know if this is the right forum but I know some of you guys have a lot of expierience in this matter. I have been having some serious problems collecting payments from buyers on e-bay lately. Its bad enough that my items are going for so little, then it is even more frustrating when the buyer makes no attempts to contact and or pay for the items. I have always paid within 24 hours of the auction ending. Sometimes the buyer has a decent amount of feedback. So my question is, can I leave them a negative feedback then report their non-paying butts after seven days? The last non-payer did not get a negative feedback because I did not know when I was allowed to give it to them. Can I do this earlier? Can I allow the next highest bidder to win the auction? Can I state that if I do not recieve payment within 72 hours, I will drop their bid and leave them a negative feedback? The winning bidder obviously went out of their way to win the bid.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
You can state it in your auction that they have so long to do the payment. You can also do approved bidders only.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cheffer

You have to wait 7 days before you can file an unpaid dispute with ebay (I know I have had to do one this week, and may have to do one next week).

I'm not sure if you can leave neg feedback and put in an unpaid dispute, but if you win the dispute they get a note on thier account that is public.

If they don't pay, you can do a second chance for the next higher bidder, or if your dispute is valid, you may get the final value fee back upon relisting.

My problem isn't getting them to pay, it's getting them to read the damn auction and pay correctly. If the auction says... "No credit card paypal payments" and the invoice I send to them says "No credit card paypal payments" twice, don't you think they could figure out that I don't want paypal credit card payments??
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

IMHO the neg feedback thing is worthless.
1. they will neg you back and ebay doesn't care, and 99% of the time won't remove it.
2. any new sellers won't check the winning persons feedback (your not even sure till the end)
3. There are more, I'm just tired and not thinking very well right now.

Be sure to at least file NPB with Ebay so you can get your final value fee credited back to your account and you can relist it. In that description say in nice big letters: "JohnEbayerDooDooHead (or whatever) is not allowed to bid on this item due to being a deadbeat bidder"
or whatever vindictive truthfull item you want to put there.

Good luck with it...
Flatline's Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Just don't use E-bay. It is but a hive of scum and villany.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe
Just don't use E-bay. It is but a hive of scum and villany.
I am starting to believe that. It seems as though I have to wait 7 full days before I can file a dispute and then 8 more full days to close the dispute. I said screw it and sold the item that I needed to sell through another venue. I shouldn't have to pay the final value fees because I wasn't able to sell it through e-bay. I still havent figured out how to send a second chance offer to the next person in line. It sayd that option is only for people who have more than one of the same item.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts