mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Paint sweating? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/217412-paint-sweating.html)

xwiredx 10-31-2012 01:21 AM

Paint sweating?

Hey guys,
I've searched and have'nt really found any old threads dealing with this so I thought I'd ask here.

I was wondering if you guys could explain paintballs sweating. What actually causes them to sweat out the fill color? What does this mean for the paintballs and is there anyway to stop it? Is it caused by improper storage?

I've been shooting the local fields RPS Premium lately, and it's been really bad. Sweating out a whole lot into the bags. I've had paint that left some small fill colored sweat/oil spots in bags before, but these were sweating so bad that the bags looked like they had multiple breaks in them. No breaks though, just sweating. I toweled them off, and they shot okay, but the paint that was toweled off and not shot imediately would eventually sweat a little more. All of the bags of paint were like this in every case. Not sure if maybe RPS Premium has just been bad lately, or if it's the way this particular paint has been stored or just chance?

Thanks!

p8ntninja 10-31-2012 01:37 AM

Best and easiest way to stop paintball sweat is to use silica packets, the kind that come with brand new shoes. You can buy 'em off eBay for cheap. Toss one in your paintball caddy or bag of paint and it will absorb any moisture that is in the air. Their is a reason why Valken includes it with their paint. It is cheap and helps keep paint fresh.

DarkShadowHunter 10-31-2012 01:22 PM

That explains why there are silica packs in the paint at my home field. I have noticed the Valken paint does tend to shoot better than some of the other brands they have used.

xwiredx 11-21-2012 07:58 AM

What causes the sweating in the first place?

RatFink 11-21-2012 09:10 PM

I don't know what causes paint to sweat, but I remember when RP Sherer was good paint. I always used to shoot Premium, All Stars, or Marbs, but since Empire has taken over, the quality has really fallen off. Try and find some Valken Redemption, it's great paint and comes with the desiccant from the factory.

MEDuck 11-21-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatFink (Post 2540736)
I don't know what causes paint to sweat, but I remember when RP Sherer was good paint. I always used to shoot Premium, All Stars, or Marbs, but since Empire has taken over, the quality has really fallen off. Try and find some Valken Redemption, it's great paint and comes with the desiccant from the factory.

+1 for redemption. And their desiccant packets are huge! No worries about accidentally dropping one in you hopper :p

Lead-Foot 11-22-2012 01:57 AM

That's good info but bad news for me because RPS is going to be the paint for the Waynes World scenario in a week and they over price the paint.

I always shoot All-Star at my local field and have never had that problem but I used to have that problem when I bought Brass Eagle paint from wal-mart in the clear containers 10 years ago. Sucks to know i'll have to deal with it again.

xwiredx 11-26-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatFink (Post 2540736)

Id love to try some valken stuff out. Unfortunately my field is FPO.

Could excessive heat and humidity cause sweating? Bad storage techniques?