mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Paintball store job? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/217535-paintball-store-job.html)

Voidz 11-02-2012 12:30 AM

Paintball store job?

So im calling a local pb store because they are hiring and i would like to see if the manager is there on a day to go in and personally hand him my resume and talk to him about the job. Any advice guys?

P.s i really want this job!

big jim 11-02-2012 12:57 AM

Don't be the most experienced, god's gift to paintball. And admit that those intergalactic space dildos have a place in paintball too, no matter how small it might be. :ROTFL:

p8ntninja 11-02-2012 01:45 AM

My local shops interview process consists of them handing you a 98 Custom in pieces and having you be able to rebuild it. If you pass then you basically got yourself a job. Basically what I am getting at is get to know how to rebuild and repair the basic rental fleet markers as that is what a shop does allot of, make sure to brushen up your CS skills as well, no one wants to purchase from someone who is a douche.

Voidz 11-02-2012 01:50 AM

Great tips guys keep em coming! I would love to work with paintballers cs would be awesome for me

lmartin 11-02-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidz (Post 2522329)
Great tips guys keep em coming! I would love to work with paintballers cs would be awesome for me

Make a copy of your application and leave one at the store, make some follow up calls to speak to the manager and see if he got your application. call in no more than once a day unless someone tells you to call back at a certain time. if they tell you to call back on Monday then call back on Monday.

get to know all the product that is in the paintball world, don't come into the store with a bias as to what product is better and what is bad. you may have to sell a product you wouldn't normally use but that doesn't mean its a bad product, it just fits a different type of customer.

when you go in to meet the manager, clean your self up! brush your teeth, brush/cut your hair, shave and iron your clothes. you need to look somewhat presentable. if the manager thinks your a mess then he is going to think you will keep his store a mess. and be yourself in the interview, even if your nervous. my first interview i was a bumbling idiot but i was honest and the manager hired me even though i was a nervous wreck.

good luck

what store are you trying to apply at?

Voidz 11-02-2012 12:27 PM

Badlands paintball

canuckistani 11-02-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p8ntninja (Post 2522324)
My local shops interview process consists of them handing you a 98 Custom in pieces and having you be able to rebuild it. If you pass then you basically got yourself a job. Basically what I am getting at is get to know how to rebuild and repair the basic rental fleet markers as that is what a shop does allot of, make sure to brushen up your CS skills as well, no one wants to purchase from someone who is a douche.

Lol, get used to doing this, too. Paintball shop work isn't as glamorous *** you'd think. Unless tearing down and building 98c's all day is your idea of a fun job. I thought it would be awesome to work at my local shop too until I realized how much time they spend washing rental masks and cleaning / repairing their rental markers.

Voidz 11-02-2012 12:43 PM

I have no problem doing this ahah but to clarify they dont own a field it is just a shop!

p8ntninja 11-02-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidz (Post 2522596)
I have no problem doing this ahah but to clarify they dont own a field it is just a shop!

My shop local to me, Saints Paintball. does NOT own a field either. They maintain a rental fleet for the local outlaw fields and the somewhat legit but not quite 'legal' field in town. They do allot of business supplying rentals to the numerous woodsball groups that play on the numerous outlaw fields here. They are NOT endorsing outlaw fields, they are meeting the demand by supplying markers, the shops has no connection with the various woodsball organizers.

nickydp33 11-02-2012 12:59 PM

just had a phone interview, got a face to face next thursday, not the job i was hoping for but will hopefully lead to a job in a hospital in a few months. Be positive, do some speach exercises i know its corny but if you get chocked up it looks bad lol. Research and always look ready for the next position, I wear full suites with cuff links and apply for staff nurse positions. Knowledge is your friend.

I'm sure everyone else who is chimming in has much more experience than me though so listen up!