mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Wow.. okay I'm wrong.. that's for an expansion chamber. I thought the air fitting was the on off.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Have another theory. I wonder if it was an elaborate cheating setup? I've heard the rumors of the magic box being able to pull liquid into the pipe and getting hot shots. With the 3.5oz tank and the magic box on the other side. This setup would make it easier to force liquid into the chamber by tipping the gun to the left(easier for a right handed person than the original magic box), while making sure that you get no hot shots at the chrono station.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
That's an interesting idea! I can see how it might work too. I would love to see if the OP can give it a try.
HokiePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Have another theory. I wonder if it was an elaborate cheating setup? I've heard the rumors of the magic box being able to pull liquid into the pipe and getting hot shots. With the 3.5oz tank and the magic box on the other side. This setup would make it easier to force liquid into the chamber by tipping the gun to the left(easier for a right handed person than the original magic box), while making sure that you get no hot shots at the chrono station.
The 3.5 oz is an expansion chamber. A pretty cool one at that, since it can be annodized.
If what you are saying were true, having the 3.5 oz installed would be counter-intuitive. The 3.5 oz would give the liquid time to expand. If the goal is to get liquid into the gun, you would want to run a line straight from the bottom-line to the valve.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Splash mag hunter

Kilt Fan
This became a pretty interesting thread about my "wall hanger".

Automags.org Feedback

EBAY Feedback

Precious
swe_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Yes, that's an expansion chamber. Later versions skipped the tank valve, and made a vertical mount for the 'Mag that had the 3.5 oz bottle screw into directly.

Your version should have a sort of "dip tube" inside- the CO2 is let in through a tube that goes about halfway down the tank, then is let out (towards the gun) through a port at the top, so there's some additional separation between the inlet and outlet.

And no, the rumors of the "Magic Box" having some magical cheating properties are false. All the MB does is add volume to the dump chamber. That's it. The "box" portion is just a clamp, and the inlet fitting is just an extended nipple.

If you get CO2 into the system, it passes by the reg and produces a hot shot no matter what the volume of the dump chamber.

Doc.
DocsMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Cooper-T made a product called a "Surge Valve" to use a 3.5oz as an expansion chamber.
You removed the bottle valve and basically installed a vertical ASA directly between the rail and bottle.

Similar concept as the above pic.

Pic of Cooper-T product ( Stolen from a post by Netsurferdude2 on AO).
Target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
The 3.5 oz is an expansion chamber. A pretty cool one at that, since it can be annodized.
If what you are saying were true, having the 3.5 oz installed would be counter-intuitive. The 3.5 oz would give the liquid time to expand. If the goal is to get liquid into the gun, you would want to run a line straight from the bottom-line to the valve.
Not really. If you read about multi-tank setups you would know that tipping the gun can cause the liquid from 1 tank to pour into another, causing that tank to be overfilled. Having a hollow 3.5(no internal tubes or anything) you can get liquid into the gun at will, while quickly removing the liquid when needed, something not as easy to do if it was just a straight shot. However this all falls apart if having a pocket in a dump chamber doesn't do anything.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts