mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Just go for a phantom Rory. I've got some parts that I could use to build you an open/stock class setup. One that can be changed rather easily for you.
Extra Gear Sale

Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall409 View Post
I am newer to the pump scene and am looking for a marker. I currently have a trilly converted to a pump. It works but I want a better gun...
Better how? For me, a trilogy pump is much better than a phantom for open class.

Everyone would say a Ferrari is a better car than a Honda, but you wouldn't think it's better if you only drove commuting to and from work in traffic 2 hours each day. In fact you would hate it.
ta2maki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I think he just wants to upgrade in general. I mean yeah his Reilly works great. I've seen him play with it. But there comes a time when you just want to go with a "better" gun. Like upgrading from an 89 Honda to say a 2000+ Honda. Maybe not up to a Ferrari but just upgrading.
Extra Gear Sale

Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

yeah, but that is a jump to a different platform, not everyone likes how phantoms feel and shoot. he should try to see if someone at his local field has one for him to borrow to see if he likes it.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I have played with a good number of phantoms. My brother has one and I have played with one of Mooses' before. I have been a fan of them for years just got the trilly for free so couldn't pass it up.
Squall409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

imho I'd take a grey ghost over a phantom ANY day (more bang for your buck, plus a lot of other reasons - only downside is that there aren't 100 upgrades out there for it)

if money is a concern go with a trracer (out performs any stock phantom config, although again upgrades aren't as easy as a phantom)
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts