mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Just bought two Adrenalin Impulses, decent deal? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/219855-just-bought-two-adrenalin-impulses-decent-deal.html)

blackmagic71 11-29-2012 09:22 AM

Just bought two Adrenalin Impulses, decent deal?

So I haven't bought a marker for a very long time so this morning I decided to treat myself. Normally I'm not an SP guy in any way but I really enjoy the Adrenalin milling. Also had two a few years back and they were nice shooters.

Red Adrenalin Impulse | eBay

Black Adrenalin Impulse | eBay

I don't think it's a home run by any means but I'm pretty happy.

Thoughts?

toymachine 11-29-2012 10:32 AM

for 550? Not a bad deal. By no mean great, but I wouldn't say you really overpaid. Lots of em were made (or I've seen a lot of them, especially single colors and two fades), but if you're a fan I'd say it was worth it.

blackmagic71 11-29-2012 11:09 AM

Looked around some more and I think I over paid a bit.

Still stoked to shoot them though. The red one looks darn near new!

Cottontail 11-29-2012 01:41 PM

I love em, wish I had one of my own as its one of the Imps I drooled over as a teen noobie, Good pick-up :)

toymachine 11-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmagic71 (Post 2547704)
Looked around some more and I think I over paid a bit.

Still stoked to shoot them though. The red one looks darn near new!

Yea, I'd say you did. But hey, if they're worth that (or more) in your eyes, no problems here. Have fun!

ripdisc 11-29-2012 04:54 PM

they look pretty clean so thats a nice plus! they really dont pop up a whole lot and then they usually have some scars. they are pretty much complete and original. i always like having the stock parts on stuff. you probably paid a bit too much... they are some of the coolest pl milled guns ever though. impulse owners had some of the old adrenalin stock...you could try to find a single trigger adrenalin frame for one of them that would be cool and might justify having two of em. those single trigger adrenalin frames SCREAM too.

blackmagic71 11-29-2012 06:06 PM

Actually I had a single trigger blue/clear fade a few years back that was a blast to shoot.

ripdisc 11-29-2012 06:44 PM

they are fun! like i said i got one not too long ago off of the impulse owners site. might be worth checking out. i always wanted to try a single trigger dm3 just because of the aim frames.

toymachine 11-29-2012 06:54 PM

tbh I always loathed the adrenaline imp frames. Well, their trigger design and heavy magnet I mean. W/o the magnet, meaning ripping it off, the pull wieght becomes just the switch (50g?), which I really like the clicky feel of (just had to make sure I had a board that had a debounce option), and I never had to really worry about the working-life of the switch, even without any sort of spring or whatever protecting it.

But, once the magnet is removed, the slop on the trigger pull comes out. IMHO one of the sloppiest trigger pulls, given how high quality nearly ever other aspect of the gun was, that I've ever experiences on an electropneumatic gun.

Compared to the both the older hyper frame (probably the best imp frame ever made in all respects), OTB 09* frame (also loved it, but not as high quality and way too tall for my tastes) and the even less common werm/killercat lcd angel frame kit (what can I say, they're hard to find cause, from what I understand, the guy's a scam artist), the Adrenaline frame is honestly one lower down on the list. The things going for it, other than ability to come in 1x trigger (although the hyper and werm frames also had this option), was it's integrated tray and looks of the thing. And trigger pull if you're into necessarily heavy trigger pulls.

EDIT: So aparently the AIM trigger frame I described was the old version. The new AIM trigger frame, released in 2004 which must have been shortly before the company was sold and went under, had an adjustable magnetic return or adjustable spring return. Also looks like it has a removable trigger guard. Possibly other changes too, but whatever... Yes, I am bitter (I ordered a frame in 2005 or 2006 and they sent me the old version... which other than the looks of the thing and integrated board really sucked). I have a hard time imagining the trigger slop on the new version was any better than the old, but with a little tension from a functional trigger return mechanism it should have been a little better (still looks like it was constructed the same rather poor way imho, involving the use of a trigger shoe).

kerrymcclure888 11-29-2012 07:43 PM

I have 6 or 7 dreny impys atm and I would have to say that was a fair price a little high for single colors but i feel as if they are getting harder and harder to find in good original condition I just love all mine they are my favorite PL milling along with the Python Im am an avid PL impy collector thats all i really buy anymore Good score sir... :D