mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Duck slide, that is all! Feyd...............
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'm basically going to agree with you on that... I think it's possible to do a good job of implementing a slider trigger in a Nelson based pistol design, but I thought it should be possible to make an even better hinge trigger instead... the Retro's trigger is the result of that experiment, I consider it to be a fairly successful result. The trigger to frame/grip line geometry is very close to that of the sliding trigger most of these guns aim to mimic (that of the 1911), and it accomplishes basically the ideal trigger action (which many slider triggers struggle to get right, even after tuning). Additionally, it does it with the minimal number of parts and refined, simple geometry (this I also like).

PS, very awesome to hear so many of you appreciate the performance value of the Retro 7, I'm very glad it's up to all of our demanding standards for both a reliable players gun and an enthusiasts platform. It greatly encourages my goals to continue the improvement of the product line and expand it further with more variety

I didn't read everything you wrote, but did I read Double Barrel R7 correctly in the future??
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

This might be blasphemous, but has anyone ever though about having carter (or whomever) build a duck (or redux) with the R7's trigger frame and magic nipple into it? Just a though
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
This might be blasphemous, but has anyone ever though about having carter (or whomever) build a duck (or redux) with the R7's trigger frame and magic nipple into it? Just a though
Box7?

Unless it is a center feed don't think the feeds would line up - the Boxgun would technacally work, would just need to widen the slide slot to fit, but eyeballing it, seemed to line up well!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts