mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   n2 Leak (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/220364-n2-leak.html)

Riot 12-05-2012 05:03 PM

n2 Leak
 
Hey all,
This probably isn't a tough question, sorry. I searched around with little results...

1) What did I do? How do I fix?
n2 tank leak. - YouTube


I plugged the tank into my marker and it just started pissing air. I thought it was the marker, so I unplugged said tank. It was the tank. So, I plugged it into my other marker and it did it's job, I was able to at least fire some paint through it before I just let it run itself out. There is no obvious physical damage to tank, maybe something stupid inside that I don't know about...
Tank just returned from hydro a fortnight ago.

Thanks.

LibertyRadeon 12-05-2012 05:05 PM

Unless you have experience with regs and such, I'd just take it to your shop.

Riot 12-05-2012 05:11 PM

I do not.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LibertyRadeon (Post 2553724)
Unless you have experience with regs and such, I'd just take it to your shop.

This is my plan.

I'm just trying to figure out what the issue is. If they'll just do something real quick, or if it's going to turn into a hassle.

Thanks.

pillage 12-05-2012 05:43 PM

If your tank isn't leaking when not screwed into your ASA, try dropping an o-ring into it before screwing in your tank. Some ASA's don't work well with all regs.

No Mercy Ever 12-05-2012 05:46 PM

Probably a pin valve leak. Meaning that once the pin is depressed, it does not seal right up like it should. Could be as simple as needing a new o-ring, or maybe actual upper bonnet damage. It is a Pure Energy reg, so it will either be made by PSI (Ninja), or the Chinese copy, which is almost identical.

Riot 12-05-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillage (Post 2553761)
If your tank isn't leaking when not screwed into your ASA, try dropping an o-ring into it before screwing in your tank. Some ASA's don't work well with all regs.

Oh, it is. It leaks outside of the asa. It's when it's plugged in that it's better-ish. :bang:

heinous 12-05-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 2553794)
Oh, it is. It leaks outside of the asa. It's when it's plugged in that it's better-ish. :bang:

just bring it to the shop. not worth literally killing yourself for a leak.

hell i have been playing since 05, built a few of my own guns, and i would still bring the tank to the shop.

pillage 12-05-2012 08:07 PM

Like what has been said above, it probably is an o-ring or seat then. It should be fixable.

MaD 12-05-2012 08:16 PM

I'm not a huge fan of those regs. Might be cheaper (or near the same price) to just throw that reg away and have them install a new ninja reg.

heinous 12-05-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaD (Post 2553960)
I'm not a huge fan of those regs. Might be cheaper (or near the same price) to just throw that reg away and have them install a new ninja reg.

that's what i did when mine came back from hydro leaking. $28 to fix it, $35ish to buy a ninja tank reg with installation fee included, no brainer there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC