mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Spire on pump (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/220589-spire-pump.html)

hth 12-08-2012 01:26 PM

Spire on pump

Should I be selling both my revvy, halo, and prophecy to grab a spire? Or should I save one revvy for pump?

Main question is should I be using a spire on a pump? Will it to too harsh on the pump like a rotor?

Jebus 12-08-2012 01:41 PM

What type of Pump, never had any problems with my rotor

matteekay 12-08-2012 01:44 PM

Unless your pump is open bolt with no detents I'm not sure what the issue is.

hth 12-08-2012 01:48 PM

I'm thinking about getting a ccm (s6 or j12), or if I'm really broke an empire sniper. I want to get a spire to run on my mini but I'm on the fence whether to give up my other revvy as well to get my spire quicker or opt to grab a spire later down the road and use the revvy on a mini, and my pump.

I also will be out a hopper for my 98c loaner if I sold both my revvi

Jebus 12-08-2012 02:02 PM

The Primo Hopper ($20 or less) works great for pumps...even auto-triggering - save your self some money!

hth 12-08-2012 02:06 PM

Maybe jebus. To be fair I also have a sandchez stickfeed and app 50rd. Just want opinions on whether to get a spire or not and whether to sell both revvy or not

Sean_Chip 12-08-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus (Post 2556728)
The Primo Hopper ($20 or less) works great for pumps...even auto-triggering - save your self some money!

^^^This^^^ Worth every penny IMO.

Jebus 12-08-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hth (Post 2556729)
Maybe jebus. To be fair I also have a sandchez stickfeed and app 50rd. Just want opinions on whether to get a spire or not and whether to sell both revvy or not

I play pump, I play pump at Big Games around here, I was using a rotor for its capacity, not the amount of balls it could feed, a stick feed wasn't cutting it. Now that I have a Primo, I don't use anything other than my 50rd. I used it in Tourney play and I had no problems. For $20 for a hopper on a pump, why would you waste $140? If you can pump 15bps, then by all means, get the spire. If you want the latest tech, and you want to shoot faster than you loaner, get what you want.

If you need to shoot faster than a Primo can load, don't play pump and get a mech or electro. I haven't had any issues auto-triggering with a Primo.

idkfa 12-08-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hth (Post 2556716)
I'm thinking about getting a ccm (s6 or j12), or if I'm really broke an empire sniper.

Take the $200 that you would have spent on the Spire and get the CCM. Sell the Revvy and whichever of the two loaders you like least and keep the other for your Mini (and when you want to shoot fast with your pump). Buy a Sportshot or Primo.

hth 12-08-2012 03:48 PM

Ok sounds good. Will sell my revvy that's in lesser condition and probably my halo and grab a sportshot when I grab my ccm from pinnacle