mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Valken Vtac wear

Hey guys, looking at the Vtac stuff for a little Xmas present for myself. Tigerstripe . I have read good and bad things about the quality, recently spoke with a guy who works with the local distributor and he assures me they have much better quality control these days. Wonder what you guys think. If it is still pretty shoddy I'll go with the Eclipse hde (buddy got it and it is amazing). But hey, Tigerstripe . Thx fellas.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I have yet to tear mine and I tend to be a thorn bush magnet.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
WCP Scenario Paintball

It's held up great for me.
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've had their echo vest and its various accessories and it has held up well for the past couple years. I saw no issues with its quality when I purchased it and now. Get one!

My Feedback
lonegunmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Ive had the vtac pants and jersey for around three years and its holding up great. Have t he echo vest as well and love it.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
not your average redneck

I have the Vtac Sierra jersey in "tactical" (black) and the only complaint that I have about it is that it is HOT in the summer. I mean hot as in almost unbearably, but in the winter or cooler mornings/evenings it is very comphy. I am by no means easy on my soft gear and this has not torn or been damaged other then when I put it in the dryer once (and never again). It says not to machine dry and when I did (on delicate) it pilled up in some of the more worn places, so always hang dry. At first I thought the pockets on the sleeve were dumb and going to be useless, but the more I use them the more I like them. I usually have a few allen keys in one pocket, my car key in another, field map for scenarios, and a sharpie.
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Mandatory Pre-Emptive Disclaimer: I'm on a Valken-sponsored team.

There, now that that is out of the way... I love my V-Tac gear. I'm not one to tout sponsored gear that I don't believe in and my team doesn't take deals from anyone that offers them to us. We've had a great relationship with Valken for several years now and the company treats us, and all of their teams and customers like family.

Currently using the Echo Jersey which is excellent for any remotely warm weather, I've torn through all sorts of brush with it with nary a snag or pull in the fabric, it's beast. The Zulu pants are great too, though I will admit that in 3 years I have managed to kill one pair, but that is from doing stupid things like what's shown in my avatar... In fact, the death blow to that very pair of pants came at the same game, Living Legends 5, doing a full speed slide down a rocky/root-filled embankment and while the pants might have torn, somehow they still kept me from breaking myself. For new pants at that price point, I honestly don't think you can beat them.

One thing I will say is you may want to hold off as last I hear they will be redesigning the Zulu stuff for 2013 and making a lot of improvements based off of suggestions from sponsored teams and players such as myself.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Waiting for the atacs line to start becoming advaliable
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

I've played with most of the jerseys and pants. Here's my thoughts:

The Sierra pants are great. Actually hold up better than the Zulu pants and don't cost near as much.

The Sierra jersey is like wearing a waxed carhardt jacket. It's material is stiff, and it gets hot. The Zulu jersey has a thicker "stretch" fabric over the torso than what you might think, and the arms are made of the same stiff stuff as the Sierra jersey, but it's really not that bad in the heat. The Echo jersey I haven't played with, but it's on my list as it's full pattern coverage and the reviews say it's extremely lightweight mesh. The only knock I see on the Echo jersey is that the arms don't have any pockets or velcro for patches (hey, it's fun), and the V-cam colors are dulled tan, and don't match the rest of the V-cam gear.

The neoprene tank covers work great.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

The Echo doesn't have pockets but it DOES have velcro for patches... You may have seen an early version or prototype if you saw one that didn't have the velcro.

And yes, you are right about the color match- it's not PERFECT, but it's a lot closer than say, the mismatch between the Planet Eclipse HDE pants and jerseys.. Part of the problem is the nylon mesh requires a different type of dye, so it's not like they can just use the exact same dye for a perfect match. I'm a stickler for this sort of thing but even for me it's close enough where I don't really care.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts