mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

LOL funny guy

Well, I've sent an email. We shall see. I'm keeping my fingers, and toes, crossed on this one. Worst case scenario, at least I've found the ideal frame for my palmerized PG. Worst case scenario I'll pay out the butt to get an original/actual Siler frame, or if it comes to it get a one-off copycat version (in which case I'd model it exactly off the luger's trigger frame).

Thanks for any and all the input and help guys! I just don't know what I'd do without MCB and all you folks
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Please excuse the dp, but GREAT news!

Got a reply from my email last night - there are about a dozen complete raw frames left!!! AND only $95

Now I just need to figure out shipping and whatnot and I'm gonna be the happiest kid on the block. He even suggested a guy to modify the frame to fit my PG! So cool
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Ooh nice. He had said mine was the last brand new frame, but raw could be fun
I wonder if wooden luger grips might fit.

Just to say, you don't love 86* or 90* grips do you? Cause the angle on this is pretty extreme. Not for a gun you were going to tuck in. More for pistol held out at arm's length or put on a gun with a full stock.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
A raw silver frame could be fun. I might have to pick one up for a project...

Some of my collection

My MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Old guns are more fun for me than new guns. I play paintball for fun. I don't play to win any more than I have sex to make babies.
HokiePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Just to say, you don't love 86* or 90* grips do you? Cause the angle on this is pretty extreme. Not for a gun you were going to tuck in. More for pistol held out at arm's length or put on a gun with a full stock.
Absolutely! Honestly I was most interested in the T2 CCM 86 and 45 frames mostly because how easy they are to use on a PG or PGP or any other sheridan. That was the main reason, although another was to have something unique. Furthermore, from my use of 90 degree frames on my Phantoms, I was thinking of that because it is a little easier for me and my hands to change BB 12g, or in the case of the PG cock the bolt.

But honestly I'd rather have this and get it milled to fit the radius of the PG's lower tube, get it anodized (this is actually a plus considering I can get it ano'd precisely how I like), make any necessary sear/trigger modification to work on the PG and find some solution in terms of grip - all that rather than the simplicity of a 86 frame, now especially considering that the more I think about it the more awkward it would seem to aim as one generally is taught to hold/aim a pistol.

I'll have to look into whether the real steel pistol grips will fit, although to be frank I don't have high hopes. It would be very cool to get a set of blackened brass grips, or better yet a pair of well finished ebony wooden grips. But I'll cross that road, as well as getting it milled, the trigger/sear setup however necessary and ano'd, when I get there. Right now I'm just going to stick with getting my hands on the ***-**** frame!!!

Once again guys, thanks for all your help!!! I couldn't have done it without you (obviously), and I'm soooooo SO stoked to think I might actually get this all setup down the road, in the near future!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Luger geometry?
Would Luger grips fit?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

That's something I am interested in figuring out myself. From what I can tell, from a real steel ruger, it doesn't look like they would, but I can't confirm this either way.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts