mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Evil pimp problems (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/221964-evil-pimp-problems.html)

Subzer0 12-26-2012 04:50 PM

Evil pimp problems

I picked up a used Evil Pimp and changed all the O-rings thru-out the gun and lubed up everything. Im having the same problems everybody has with these guns, Its either the Detonator or the LPR adjustments. I tried the bag trick on the LPR seem to work but when i air it up and increase the Det I can hear the noid leaking so I turn the Det down a lil the noid stops leaking but I cant get the balls to chron over like 260. Then ill get a couple of balls to shoot perfect but chron like 252 then drop to 229 then it will chop a couple of balls. I thinking about swapping out the HPR and the LPR with a different brand. I don't know....Is there a way to tune these guns to get rid of these problems. Oh I did check seats on the HPR and the LPR and both look good.

Dirtysouth_Jihad 12-26-2012 05:32 PM

What I've done with all of my pimps is change the Evil Respirator out for just about any Bob Long Intimidator LPR. The detonator is a solid hpr, but the respirator lpr stinks. You'll gain ease of adjustment, ease of maintenance and more consistent performance if you put an intimidator lpr on it.

Fubarius 12-26-2012 06:44 PM

Yeah, last Pimp I worked on had a extremely temperamental LPR. I seem to remember they used a trapped pocked of air as a spring, a really odd setup. That, or the one I was working on was a real oddball.

Morhaughn 12-26-2012 08:44 PM

yes what they said change it out or tune the Respirator properly your choice.

Subzer0 12-27-2012 04:56 AM

Thanks! you guys have made up my mind, I seen a New 2k2+ Aim Intimidator Timmy LPR its cheap like $15 shipped. Im gonna pick that up and see how it goes

toymachine 12-28-2012 02:32 PM

Yes, another seconding on the LPR suggestions. Those evil LPRS, regardless of their models/makes, were absolute rubbish. You'll be so much better off with a different model, pretty much any different model...

Subzer0 12-29-2012 10:49 AM

How about a Reg? Is the Det good enough on the Pimp? I have a couple of Omens and the Det on those work awesome.

toymachine 12-29-2012 11:57 AM

I haven't played around with them much, but from what I understand, they're just another version of bob long's torpedo type reg - or whatever that is the spawn of

Iconic Muffinman 12-29-2012 05:48 PM

I run mine with the factory Evil Detonator, and an LPR for a Timmy (made by Evil as well), threads right in.

Before I broke the darn fitting, it was shooting +-3 over the chrono with a good bore match.

Subzer0 12-30-2012 06:58 AM

wow really, go to know cuz I ordered a timmy lpr