mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Need some advice for a different gun for my son.

My son currently has a stock 2k2 Autococker that he loves and a Synergy that he hates because it has it own behavior issues. I have fixed most of the kinks so far but he hates how loud it is and once in a while you have to re-cock the bolt manually. I have to get some more air to see if I fixed his by upping he reg and lowering the tension on the spring but he might want to get rid of it.

Between whatever funds he makes out of it and some x-mas money he will be looking for something else. His sister has an Ion so he doesn't want that. Other than that, what is a good fast electro gun under $100 used or new? He would like something that is 20+bps.

Edit: He would like something he can customize. Another thing he doesn't like about the Synergy.

Thanks

Last edited by MR_Rick; 12-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
gnar

CCM Fan
the market there is pretty limited. I can't really think of anything that fast that cheap.

If you look around, you could probably find an slg, azodin blitz.

What comes to mind though is an ION. I shot one for a while, and I bet you could find a used one in fairly good shape for a hundred bucks. The speed is almost there, the stock board is capped at 17, and with a trigger upgrade that is certainly possible in semi. They are also VERY customizable, literally every part can be exchanged for something aftermarket. They are also good shooting guns, and are quite quiet and fairly efficient. If getting around the maintenance issue is feasible for you, I'd recommend one.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Don't think many fields will let you shoot that fast. Action center?? Still has autococker trilogy sf's that do 18bps brand new for around 100. You can customize stuff on them but it won't gain much over stock. Pre timed and good little shooters.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Maybe eblade the 2k2?
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Was thinking about electro'n it but he wants to have 2 guns. I don't like that the ION has to be taken completely apart to take the bolt out. I haven't seen a body kit for it that allows you to gain access to it. I might through some funds on it to help him get something better, or I might just pass down my G4 to him and get me something new.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Un Tico

Yep, heard most fields cap at 10 or 15 for insurance issues. I have not check my fields around me but I never come close to that bps.

Have a look around for proto markers, usually can find some good deals on those. Or if he likes old school, older impulse are awesome, nerve too.

His sister has an ion, but I bet she does not have a mechanical ion. One of our own deathwish here has a drop in kit.

Last edited by C_losjoker; 12-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't think her's it is. It is quite as hell when shooting with no air and has a small board in it.

We play in a private speedball field so there are no caps. It is the only place to play around here within a 60 miles.

He does love old school guns, he wants my x-valved Minimag. If you can, educate me on Impulse, please.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

If he can get to 150 you can pick up an 05 Ego, and those things are absolute beasts for that. You can grab an old Angel for around 125 or so, or cheaper if you get a project marker and a UTB or do the Rail board conversion. Parts are dirt cheap too, as are barrels. They also pack a good bang for the buck. If you want to go older and functional beasts, the older BKO or Bushmasters are also good options, as an old Impulse would be. If he likes big and jigsaw puzzle-y markers, Rainmakers also fit in that category, are very modify-able, although they are also most likely to have issues prior to reaching your door. If you can help him a little bit, I'd really go for an older Ego. It's the first marker I got for my little step-brother (he's 16), and that gun is just a workhorse. Really light, reliable, and easy to maintain, and easy for him to rip on in the event of needing to shoot himself out of trouble.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hum. Ego might be an option since that is what he played with his very first time.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Need some advice for a different gun for my son.
Watch the show "Guns of Sons" on TV for advice (just kidding).

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts