mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry
 
Mr.Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by reepneep View Post
I believe the Empire Sniper uses the larger 11/16 valve. The WGP guns that used 11/16 valves were the Trillys, the 2k5 Black Magic midblock and the JOLEs. All other WGP cockers used a 9/16 valve. The 9/16 valve used a jam nut, the 11/16 valve did not.

I'm not absolutely sure on this, but I believe the CCM S5 and SS-25 (just a mini'd S5) used the 11/16 valve and didn't need a jam nut. That would be why the kit didn't come with one.

The Sniper does not even have a jam nut to steal.
The kit wasn't CCM or necessarily even for the S5, just cockers in general. It was an older kit by the looks of it too, but I'll try and install it with just the jam nut and see how it goes
__________________
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by reepneep View Post
I believe the Empire Sniper uses the larger 11/16 valve. The WGP guns that used 11/16 valves were the Trillys, the 2k5 Black Magic midblock and the JOLEs. All other WGP cockers used a 9/16 valve. The 9/16 valve used a jam nut, the 11/16 valve did not.

I'm not absolutely sure on this, but I believe the CCM S5 and SS-25 (just a mini'd S5) used the 11/16 valve and didn't need a jam nut. That would be why the kit didn't come with one.

The Sniper does not even have a jam nut to steal.
the valves on the left are 9/16 (standard) the 2 on the right are 11/16



here is 9/16 cocker valve + jam nut





correct.

11/16 Valve, no jam nut

Trilly
Midblock Blackmagic (best way to remember, NOT the full body)
JOLE's
Karni's
SS25's
S5
Spyders (used a different stem with a flat milled on it)
Empire Sniper

9/16 Valve (has the shoulder on it), use a jam nut with cocker valve tool needed to remove it

Standard cockers
Pre and 2k+
Stock WGP ones were brass
ccm t2/6.5/6

Last edited by super_stanchy; 01-08-2013 at 05:10 PM.
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry
 
Mr.Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
correct.

11/16 Valve, no jam nut

Trilly
Midblock Blackmagic (best way to remember, NOT the full body)
JOLE's
Karni's
SS25's
S5
Spyders (used a different stem with a flat milled on it)
Empire Sniper

9/16 Valve (has the shoulder on it), use a jam nut with cocker valve tool needed to remove it

Standard cockers
Pre and 2k+
Stock WGP ones were brass
Ah, so then S5's cant use jam nuts? It would appear I need a different lower tube kit then lol
__________________
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
Ah, so then S5's cant use jam nuts? It would appear I need a different lower tube kit then lol
i am 99% sure they do not need a jam nut, and that they do need an 11/16 valve

if you look down the lowertube, you will see IVG threads, slot for hammer, then either smooth surface (11/16 valve) or smaller threads (9/16 + jam nut)

the jam nut threads wil start about 1/8-1/4" past the end of slot
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
worst case....

CCM Product Manuals / Video Series / Parts Kit 'how to'. (UPDATED!)

super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
brew52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Indiana

CCM Fan
both of my s5's had jam nuts. They both had normal cocker valves, not the ss25 valve.
brew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry
 
Mr.Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

AKA Fan
Yup, my S5 is indeed threaded for a jam nut:


The valve looks to be 9/16 too.


Aaaand the valve seems to sit properly in the lower tube... THe photo's kinda fuzzy but hopefully you can see what im saying
__________________

Last edited by Mr.Smith; 01-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
yup

9/16 valve
jam nut
9/16 body

your all set
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC