mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Like others have stated , the invert mini is AWESOME I love mine and I used to use an ego, I love how cheap parts are to replace but most times customer service will fix things for free if need be. Disassembly is almost pain-less. The marker is light and has totally surprised me.
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
Another one that I just notice in the same price range is Planet Eclipse Etha. What's your guys take on this one?

It's nice, has a two stage bolt like a Level 10 Automag, and eyes. The only problem with it is that it's pretty close in price to an Axe and old high ends. $200 - $300 gets you a lot when it comes to old high ends.

Side note:
If you really like the two stage bolt, you can add it to the Axe/Mini:
Lurker Paintball Mini and AXE EigenBolt Kit

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

So I have been doing a lot of research on this subject. Apparently is a common debate between the two, Mini vs G4.

So from what I read so far, the Mini should get some upgrades out of the box and the gun is a bit small. My experience with the G4 has been great out of the box and my daughter loves it. She really has no idea on the internals and I don't let her use any other setting that Semi auto. She said give me something like the G4 or a G4/5. She likes the LOOKS of a particular Mini and I was basing my decision on the looks since I was under the impression that they both are going to perform the same. But from the recommendations here, I should buy a few more items to bring the Mini up a bit. I think for the extra cost of a Mini (the Mini she wants is an ANS exclusive) + the ups, I could get a G4 + a Ifit kit or a freak kit.

Still haven't read on the Etha yet and still waiting on some more inputs.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Get her a used Empire Axe, or an 07 Ego for $300.

I also have two NXT shockers I'd sell for $200 each, with the eigenbolt out now its a great option and theyre PSP ready. Buying used will get you much further in the realm of high end markers than buying new. The mini and g4 are low end, beginner markers and the quality shows. For $200 - $350 you have a slew of options on the used market

Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
The etha is a nice gun. I don't have enough experience with it to go into detail, but I can tell ya that I've preferred my Mini over every etha I've shot. I actually prefer the Mini over a Geo I just picked up. The only upgrade that the Mini needs to unlock most of its potential is a trigger, especially since Empire added the Shockwave board. There are some nice upgrade Invert triggers with roller bearings on ebay for less than $20.

In my experience with DP guns, they are hit and miss. You might have gotten a good one in your wife's gun, but there always seems to be a chance of getting a bad apple with DP.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
There are few guns more reliable than a mini.

I bought one new, back when orange was a color option. I played competitively with it for a season. Then lent it to my little brother for every subsequent season....

I have maintained it once. It works so flawlessly that I didn't notice that it probably needed cleaned and greased until it started to show breech wear. Remembering how long it went without maintenance, I packed grease into the engine like it was a bearing, jokingly. I was sure it wouldn't fire like that. It did. I haven't maintained it since.

And the axe is just a further refinement with better ergonomics.

Last edited by alpha434; 01-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Get her a used Empire Axe, or an 07 Ego for $300.

I also have two NXT shockers I'd sell for $200 each, with the eigenbolt out now its a great option and theyre PSP ready. Buying used will get you much further in the realm of high end markers than buying new. The mini and g4 are low end, beginner markers and the quality shows. For $200 - $350 you have a slew of options on the used market
The Mini isn't a low end marker and it has better quality than many "high end" markers out today. The quality does show in the Mini, but in the opposite way you're talking about.

One fact speak volumes about the Mini. It's been in production since 2006. How many guns (especially electronic) have been manufactured for 7 straight years? Sure they updated it, but you can get the new parts for free from Empire.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

g4 and mini are made to compete with each other. benefits and drawbacks to each. fanboy's of each are going to say their's is better, but we are honestly talking about fractions of a percent, considering what you can find in the next price range. the axe is basically MINI (part 2) and was better than the G4. the new G5 is made to compete with the axe, and my predictions come true, will be better than the axe as far as statistics go.

If you bring it down to that choice, take her to the store, and let her hold both and play around and decide which one feels better.

but as much as I can hate on the mini because it looks gay in my opinion, I know its a fair and decent marker, and I would be a fool to lie. that being said, I bet you can find a nice used upgraded mini here, easier than you could any G4. but you do have experience with the G4, so it could be a good choice.
twiitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

Got another question about 2 piece barrels. Let say I buy a gun that comes with a 2 piece barrel, lets say DP FX. Can I buy a freak back and use the DP front?
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
Got another question about 2 piece barrels. Let say I buy a gun that comes with a 2 piece barrel, lets say DP FX. Can I buy a freak back and use the DP front?
Nope, the threads will be different for the fronts. All freak backs are compatible with all freak tips as far as i am aware. Think of it this way, you cant grab a Redz kit and mix and match the tips with a PE Shaft kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts