mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Radical!

Veering off topic a bit - how thick is the most recent GatWrap padding? I've got an older one, which was smaller, and there isn't very much padding. I still use it, but i've been thinking of getting another one so my other guns don't get jealous that only one gun at a time can wear the gatwrap.

I also have a laptop sleeve i use from time to time, but it's got thin padding, so only my ion goes in there... not to be mean to the ion, just that the composite/rubber shell on the body & thick aluminum frame can take more of a beating than the others when in transit - i don't worry about scratches, dents or bends.

Most of the time, though, the guns travel in an old Redz gun bag, which is long & narrow, fits about 3 guns w/ the internal dividers, 1 tank in an internal pouch, 3 full barrels in outer sleeves on one side, and squeegees & condoms in a large pocket on the other side. There's room for a hopper inside, too, but since it's prone to moving freely, i don't usually stick it in there.

Last edited by nerdcore; 01-13-2013 at 12:35 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall409 View Post
Hey everyone! I've been looking for a case for my Bob Long Vice, but in my area I haven't found anything that I really want to drop my money on. The original box it came with isn't really working anymore since the foam has disappeared.

I was just wondering if any of you had a case you would recommend? I'm not looking for anything extremely amazing, just something that will protect my Vice and keep it stored well.
I use to use hard cases, but I always found that I had to carry an extra duffel bag for all the other crap.

Now I just use a small rubbermaid tote that hold exerything including a spare marker. it might be 3 gallons total volume and the only thing that doesnt fit is my mask. It isn't fashionable, but it works. as an added bonus it has a reasonably sized flat hard top with an edge to work on things.

however you can get hard cases like above from hobby stores, surplus stores and from barbecue tools of all things. The last one I bought was from a surplus store. it was a flat grey plastic and was marked as some kind of satellite comm case. it even had a great big old nicad battery permanently mounted in it. probably for launching rockets or tasking sattelites or something lol.
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Along the lines of what dukie was talking about. Even though I have some hard cases, they are just for home storage since I only have a cabinet to put my gear in. When I go to play, all of my gear is in a bag or plastic tub to minimize the amount of space I need in the car or at the field.

Edit

What the hell? My phone autocorrected dukie to silken.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

got that case at harbor freight for under 30 dollars
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3-08_783-1.jpg

Very Sweet Job!!!
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
old but still playing

Send a message via MSN to Ranger 53

Empire use to make a great case that came in there large gear bag but it got smaller and less padded in there bags now. I use a large handgun case for mine.
Ranger 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3-08_783-1.jpg

Does it come with all those dividers, too? And what is the likelyhood the pockets in the lid can store barrels?

I don't usually like hard cases, but if i could divide the contents well enough, i may reconsider.

Last edited by nerdcore; 01-15-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Does it come with all those dividers, too? And what is the likelyhood the pockets in the lid can store barrels?

I don't usually like hard cases, but if i could divide the contents well enough, i may reconsider.
Yes. I have the same case. It's very nice. Fits my ETac, all accessories and complete FLASC barrel kit with extensions and extra tips.

The flap with pockets on the lid has pretty small pockets, but they can be filled with spare batteries and stuff like that. Or, if you're not using them, the flap can be removed completely.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Radical!

Local harbor freight had a bunch in stock, $25+tax. They do look nice, almost bought it. But i think i better thin out my already extensive bag collection before getting another one.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

ya its nice to have the dividers
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts