mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Marker case...

Hey everyone! I've been looking for a case for my Bob Long Vice, but in my area I haven't found anything that I really want to drop my money on. The original box it came with isn't really working anymore since the foam has disappeared.

I was just wondering if any of you had a case you would recommend? I'm not looking for anything extremely amazing, just something that will protect my Vice and keep it stored well.
Squall409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm looking into getting a laptop case with a long piece of "egg carton" style foam that I could fold in half to blanket my marker. One with a pocket for pencils and pens would be sweet for 2-piece barrel storage.

Just a thought
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

I have a few of these and really like them.

CNB ADC-400 TN - RondoMusic.com
Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall409 View Post
Hey everyone! I've been looking for a case for my Bob Long Vice, but in my area I haven't found anything that I really want to drop my money on. The original box it came with isn't really working anymore since the foam has disappeared.

I was just wondering if any of you had a case you would recommend? I'm not looking for anything extremely amazing, just something that will protect my Vice and keep it stored well.
Can't you just go to a "Craft Supply Store" and buy new foam?
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

The craft stores sell those plastic notebook cases. With some foam, they are good for packing and storing. Some of the larger pistol or camera cases are good.

One that I have is the case from a sharper image grilling set. Aluminum shell with latches and a handle, and relined with foam. I need to put some stickers on that...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
The craft stores sell those plastic notebook cases. With some foam, they are good for packing and storing. Some of the larger pistol or camera cases are good.

One that I have is the case from a sharper image grilling set. Aluminum shell with latches and a handle, and relined with foam. I need to put some stickers on that...
I know the Craft stores around here sell just foam in about any thickness, shape (egg crate style or flat) and size you want. I know when I made my roller case up for all of my equipment and guns that's what I did (go to the craft store bought a piece of foam and cut it to size).
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Helcat on here has a bunch of hard marker cases for sale dirt cheap. I just bought a bunch to keep all my semiauto paintball guns in.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
I actually prefer the soft cases like the gat wrap Xl. It goes into bags nicely and has held up for a few years for me without any signs of wear.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Get a GatWrap (stupid name, I know) they are very well padded, minimal in size and depends on if you get a standard or XL but most can at least one barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hand of Fate

I third the GatWrap by Understood Paintball. I bought a few at Living Legends and love them. They are padded more than enough, and fit great. My Protege fits great. I even can fit my Empire Sniper pump in one, but the pump handle sticks out a little bit. Very nice and affordable. Check them out. They have different designs, I'd give them a call. Or even try giving Bob Long a call and see if he has any for sale as they were sold with the Vic's.

Understood Clothing — GatWraps

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts