mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I believe Keebler's talking about an adjustable picatinny riser like the Tiberius, or Killjoy.

The problem is that these pieces adjust point of aim by full degrees. I've not seen any such software yet that can handle that range of adjustability.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Like the tiberius adjustable riser or a killjoy.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Show me please?

SO this has no real steel application. I've never seen this before and I would think it would be pretty over engineered if it were used for long distance shooting.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

For real steel no not really. For air rrifles. Crossbows and paintball yes. It's for projectiles with a pretty awful BC. Btw uv I've recently heard that the tib riser is not tib at all its repackaged from someone else. Is there any truth in this?
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Show me please?

SO this has no real steel application. I've never seen this before and I would think it would be pretty over engineered if it were used for long distance shooting.

E
Here's a Killjoy Industries model:

Here's one for Crossbows from HHA Sports:

This may eventually have some real steel applicability as the owner of HHA told me that he's been working on a firearm capable model, and their website says it will be out this year (they've had a booth at Shot Show before so, maybe they're announcing it this week?). So, if someone made software capable of accepting degrees of elevation, things might get interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
...Btw uv I've recently heard that the tib riser is not tib at all its repackaged from someone else. Is there any truth in this?
I've not heard anything about that and, I've not heard of or seen a mechanically similar model sold by anyone else. I'd be surprised to find anyone else selling it just because the design is the opposite of light and compact.
However, it could very well be the case where someone else other than Tiberius is manufacturing the part, specifically for Tiberius. This happens often in the paintball industry where one company with not so great machining services or capacity, contracts another to do the work.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I see this as a very bad thing for hunters to become dependent on. First and foremost, if you are having to arc a crossbow bolt so far that you need such a tool... you may be taking an unethical shot.

For real steel there are companies that make scope mounts that have 20 MOA built in to the mount (it's at an angle) but these are for Looooooooong Distance shooting (Like Palma gun distance). In all seriousness there is no way I'd trust something like this for a rifle I would hunt with.. totally violates KISS and just throws one more thing into the equation that could screw things up.

I hope the suckers that buy these don't hurt someone or end up lightly injuring (as in non fatal wound) animals and having to follow said lightly injured animal for miles... or like more than a few pricks out there.. they give up after a while and said injured animal either goes off and dies much later or because the shot was so poor there is no good blood trail, but enough significant injury that the animal suffers for a long while... and the hunter has given up as there is nothing to track (we have a few of those too).

For real steel and cross bow I see this as a gimmick. For paintball, I've never considered sights to be all that great a tool... but I could see for FS and the arching shots that are required that it could be useful. You may have a hard time coming up with an equation for it though... it's not the same as the way mentioned before of inputting height of glass over barrel.. this is completely different.

E
Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Correct its different. For paintball I agree this is solely for fs use. For normal paint I've never found anything other than red dot sights to be effective. That's great news halo I'm excited about that. Apparently they used to have chairgun pro for Android but it's since been removed don't know why I now have it in my fiance comp
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
ur my sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
it's not the same as the way mentioned before of inputting height of glass over barrel.. this is completely different.

E
i was confused with you and thought it was height adjustable not angle adjustable

MY FEEDBACK

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I don't think there is a single calculator out there that actually does the scope doping for you in that way. Even with a 20MOA rail you would have to manually subtract that from what the calculator came up with as the scope cross hairs are sitting lower. If you can compute the angle of your scope into some MOA then you might have a chance at manually adjusting the output... otherwise.. I think you run the numbers take some shots and play with the scope rail at the distance you plan to shoot most and leave it there.

E
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Right now there's nothing that accounts for risers but if hawke gets involved it would be good
Aka "wagz" on the field

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts