mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
This is somewhat concerning, since I'm not much of a vest-wearer. I'd probably want most of it on my belt or in a leg rig.
I use a leg rig for the TiPX mags, and it fits well in an MP5 triple mag pouch. Tiberius mags need something a bit bigger than the MP5 pouch, but honestly, its not that big a deal. Its just a bit heavier, which isn't much of a problem.
AM0 xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
This is somewhat concerning, since I'm not much of a vest-wearer. I'd probably want most of it on my belt or in a leg rig.
I wear a belt. I'm tubby though so it doesn't stay up me well but tpx mags are much lighter if on a belt. They bounce and such but they weight next to nothing.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Field 51, Gorham, ME

CCM Fan
I've had a TiPX, definitely fun to use. I plan on another pistol sooner or later.

I heard a rumor Tiberius may be developing the mags to not have the valve, since many people run the remote off the back of their 8.1's. That would make them lighter and cheaper.
Floundah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I had those for my Tib. The tool less ones don't have the valve.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
So the T8.1 and 4 empty mags weighs in at 4lbs 1oz according to my trusty berkley digital fish scale. Anthony (Akimbo Assassin if anyone does not know) had a youtube video of his loadout with both the T8's and TIPX setup and four mags and all was done with shot gun belt if I remember correctly. I personally carry two 17 round extended mags and just a couple 12ies on a wrist holder and a few tubes.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
I had those for my Tib. The tool less ones don't have the valve.
I think he was referring to the airless mags we keep hearing are on the horizon. The word was they would be the same size but plastic or polymer and would have no place or option of putting a 12 gram in the mag. Probably see those about the same time we see "affordable" extendos for either the Tib or TIPX.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Oh ok. I figured Tiberius would just say screw to plastic mags.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think you guys just made my decision harder lol. The general sentiment I'm getting is that they're equally well-suited to do the job.

Which has better efficiency? How many mags would you expect per 12'ie?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
I would shoot a PM to Anthony. He probably has more time with pistols that 99% of us. I get 8 shots and a 8 shot reload per 12 gram with my T8.1 but then they are shot. I have heard thru the grape vine that The Akimbo Assassin is back to Tiberius. You can always get ahold of him on facebook too. I am interested to see the weight of the Tipx with 4 mags. Mags for it are almost nothing tho.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
I used an 8.1 sporadically for about a year. Had zero problems with the marker or mags, but I was running with five mags, and it was noticeably heavy. I definitely got a good three mags off of a cart.

A while back, out of curiosity, I traded my 8.1 for a tpx. I was blown away by how much lighter the mags are! I immediately made a ten mag rig for myself. After a short time, I settled on nine mags total, eight in inches and one in the gun. I can honestly say the entire rig is barely noticeable in weight. Additionally, the more "uniform" shape of the tpx mags makes them easier to use in a wider range of pouches, IMO.

-The tpx itself is lighter, but I don't really think the weights of the pistols themselves make a difference since they will be used as primaries. Truth be told, I sorta prefer the 8.1 in form and weight, but not enough to deal with the mags.
- I too was worried about co2 changes with the tpx. My worried were unfounded. Changing carts is incredibly easy.
- one other are where the 8.1 has the advantage is reloading mags in the field. The Tiberius mag detects are much easier to deal with

Overall, when I switched to the tpx I went from using a pistol about 30% of the time to using one over 75% of the time....it's that much more enjoyable. And it's almost all due to the reduced weight of the rig.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts