mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Just call me "Pistol Pete

Disclaimer: never tried a TPX

Tiberius T8.1, 4x mags with CO2. Pistol Belt. Some 10-round tubes to refill the mags. 28 shots per CO2 on a warm day.

I use a two-handed grip on that puppy and I don't complain about the bigger grip. Less than 3-inch groupings at 50 feet in calm wind.
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
Disclaimer: never tried a TPX

Tiberius T8.1, 4x mags with CO2. Pistol Belt. Some 10-round tubes to refill the mags. 28 shots per CO2 on a warm day.

I use a two-handed grip on that puppy and I don't complain about the bigger grip. Less than 3-inch groupings at 50 feet in calm wind.
Do you need to do any tuning or adjusting to get that sort of efficiency, or is it like that out of the box?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Just call me "Pistol Pete

That's what I get stock on a 75-80 F day with Daisy Powerline 12ies. That is shooting about 1-2 bps with refills of the mag in between.
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Both shoot fine and both are easy to change out 12 grams on. That being said I would choose a TPX. I can carry 20+ mags and my belt barely weighs anything. The key is the weight of the mags. Tiberius mags are useless to me since they weight almost a pound each. F that.
Crimson Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I would say the best setup for me is a Tpx, remote adapter and a 13ci bottle on a belt, with as much mags as possible.. i ran with 13 mags and it was a blast they are in plastic, hard to break, you dont need to worry about em i just drop em when im in a rush and picj them up afterward

personnaly i prefer the Tpx for the remote adapter, the lightness, the ergonomics, etc..

My feedback
Cooky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

are T8.1 mags backwards compatible to the T8? Yes, I know that's a random question :P
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #27 (permalink)

its going to boil down to your personal preference. another thing to consider to is the ability to use first strike rounds. tibs can do this stock while the tipx has to do some conversions. do you plan on using a remote line or stick with primary 12ies? is weight a concern to you? most important, how are you going to carry your gear while playing? the feel of the pistol in your hand and having a few games with them will tell you what you need to know. good luck though.
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
are T8.1 mags backwards compatible to the T8? Yes, I know that's a random question :P
yes, but T8 mags are not forwards compatible to the T8.1 without some minor modifications

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel10 View Post
So the T8.1 and 4 empty mags weighs in at 4lbs 1oz according to my trusty berkley digital fish scale. Anthony (Akimbo Assassin if anyone does not know) had a youtube video of his loadout with both the T8's and TIPX setup and four mags and all was done with shot gun belt if I remember correctly. I personally carry two 17 round extended mags and just a couple 12ies on a wrist holder and a few tubes.
For comparison a TiPX with 4 mags is a little over a pound and a half.

It's actually less confusing if you leave the pistols out and weigh mags.
The T8.1 mag is 11oz, the TiPX 3.
If you get to 8 mags, the T8.1s are 5 1/2 pounds, TiPX are 1 1/2.

Antonio switches back and forth I believe.
I'm not as forgiving of the T8 as Antonio is, not because of weight or size of the pistols and mags(I'm 6'2"-230lb, a great pack mule), but because of the co2mags. I use 12grams, you see.
The CO2 mags are why, after buying 2 T8s when they first came out and playing with them for a while, I stayed with the zeus as a primary and wore a T8 as a sidearm to it until the TPX came out.
After trying out the TPXs, I gave away the zeus and the T8....

I play in MUCH larger crowds, Dec 29th in 10 inches of snow there were 70 people playing, in the summer it gets huge.
If you use all the co2 in your carried mags, those changes you 'avoided' all show up at once.
You suddenly have to put your pistol AWAY and start changing 12grams in mags and I found that unacceptable. I'd rather spend my time shooting folks.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-16-2013 at 10:15 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I play in MUCH larger crowds, Dec 29th in 10 inches of snow there were 70 people playing, in the summer it gets huge.
If you use all the co2 in your carried mags, those changes you 'avoided' all show up at once.
You suddenly have to put your pistol AWAY and start changing 12grams in mags and I found that unacceptable. I'd rather spend my time shooting folks.

Rob
That's actually a great point. My field usually draws 50+ people, and most of them play in the woods. It would be really, really inconvenient to have to change 3+ 12'ies in rapid succession.
I may end up going toward the TPX for that reason right there.

Thanks

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts