mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
That's actually a great point. My field usually draws 50+ people, and most of them play in the woods. It would be really, really inconvenient to have to change 3+ 12'ies in rapid succession.
I may end up going toward the TPX for that reason right there.

Thanks
Test out how many mags per CO2 you get. If it's 4 mags of good shots, just change it every 4th mag. Just tweak it to the conditions of the day. It's not the hardest to pop that plug with a little CO2 left.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Owned both, TiPX wins it hands down for myself. Only thing I felt the Tiberius had going was the slimmer body and the "Sound Signature" when firing. I couldnt stand the straight plastic trigger, felt like I would snap it compared to a curved aluminium the TPX sports.
Hated the 12 gram mag design because of the waste of co2 purging everytime the mag was switched. Also not sure if it was just me but when you shake the t8.1 the mag rattles inside and isnt snug. There is a list of other small things I just couldnt stand about the t8.1 and sold it. This is my personal opinion but the Tippmann was a hands down winner for me.
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

If you get a TPX, stay aware of this thread too: Interest in aftermarket aluminum Tpx shells

If this comes to fruition, I can see a LOT of people upgrading the body of their TPX whilst keeping the ability to use the platic/polymer lightweight mags.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
If you get a TPX, stay aware of this thread too: Interest in aftermarket aluminum Tpx shells

If this comes to fruition, I can see a LOT of people upgrading the body of their TPX whilst keeping the ability to use the platic/polymer lightweight mags.
This

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
On another note I got a email from Tiberius again saying the airless mags "are in the works" but no timeline currently. For what thats worth. I may have heard that before.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricew25 View Post
Owned both, TiPX wins it hands down for myself. Only thing I felt the Tiberius had going was the slimmer body and the "Sound Signature" when firing. I couldnt stand the straight plastic trigger, felt like I would snap it compared to a curved aluminium the TPX sports.
Hated the 12 gram mag design because of the waste of co2 purging everytime the mag was switched. Also not sure if it was just me but when you shake the t8.1 the mag rattles inside and isnt snug. There is a list of other small things I just couldnt stand about the t8.1 and sold it. This is my personal opinion but the Tippmann was a hands down winner for me.
The "purged air" is less than one shot. You can still get 3 full mags out of a stock T8(.1) compared to my old TiPX that I could barely get 2 mags out of when I first bought it.

And the Tiberius mags only rattle around when they aren't aired up. Most of the rattling you are hearing is the CO2 puncture moving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel10 View Post
On another note I got a email from Tiberius again saying the airless mags "are in the works" but no timeline currently. For what thats worth. I may have heard that before.
Two weeks...always two weeks

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
The "purged air" is less than one shot. You can still get 3 full mags out of a stock T8(.1) compared to my old TiPX that I could barely get 2 mags out of when I first bought it.

And the Tiberius mags only rattle around when they aren't aired up. Most of the rattling you are hearing is the CO2 puncture moving around.
yeah, although technically the tiberius loses co2 every time you eject it, it really doesnt make a difference, because you're probably just gonna want to change the co2 after the third mag anyway. whether you could have gotten three mags + 2 extra shots or three mags + 4 extra shots is not a big deal. the air-assisted mag release of the tiberius markers is a nice incidental feature.

skullcandy brings up one of the strange things about the TPX....sometimes people seem to inexplicably get much less efficiency out of their TPX than they should. what i mean is, while most people (including myself) can honestly claim to get three or more mags off of a 12g, there is a distinct group of people who can only get about 2 mags. there's been a couple of threads that have touched on this, and as far as i can tell, nobody ever really figured it out.....its just an unfortunate mystery, it seems. i dont recall ever seeing a tiberius user make the same complaint.

i dont think this is something that should keep you from buying a TPX, as the number of occurrences is decently low. it's more of a note to be aware that if you get one and you are having efficiency trouble, send it back straight away, as its probably a lemon.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
I will be the first Tib guy to say I played a few weeks ago with my T8.1's and could not get 3 mags from a 12 gram. I think the biggest problem was temp was in the high 40's tho. I normally change my 12's that are on my extendos after an empty mag also but that is only because I do not trust them getting 35 shots from one 12ie.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

With either one, I'd want to have at least 20+ shots per 12ie. If they have trouble doing that, I may as well keep my Delta lol.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I've never seen less than 20 out of either. Out of the box I had just about 4ish....summertime, warm weather, a little lower velocity.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts